Senior Recruiter - New Ventures (Contract)
- Bachelor's degree required
- At least 2 years of experience recruiting data scientists, data engineers and analytics experts
- Goal driven with the ability to take initiative, problem solve, and work with minimal direction
- Comfort with change and ambiguity; scope of this role will likely shift over time as recruiting demand varies
- Exceptional organizational and administrative skills with high attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize and carry them out independently
- Strong client service orientation; previous experience in a professional services organization ideal
- Executive presence with the confidence and experience to work and partner with senior leaders as well as lead and inspire team members and colleagues
- Knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel necessary
- Previous experience with CRM or applicant tracking systems is required
- Comfort handling sensitive information, with an appreciation for and dedication to maintaining the strictest level of confidentiality
Who You'll Work With
You will join our Experienced Professional team in New York, NY as part of the high-performing Experienced Professional recruiting team supporting New Ventures, an exciting new business area within our firm driving global innovation.
Experienced Professional (EP) Recruiting represents a growing share of McKinsey's overall recruitment portfolio, and includes all non-campus hires across all levels and tenures of the firm. As the EP team serves a wide variety of internal clients, there will be the opportunity to explore the growing and changing firm in this role.
New Ventures fosters innovation driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile and social by developing new products/services and integrating them into our client work. It is helping to shift our model toward asset-based consulting and is a foundation for –and expands our investment in –our entrepreneurial culture. Through innovative software as a service solutions, strategic acquisitions, and a vibrant ecosystem of alliances, we are redefining what it means to work with McKinsey.
As one of the fastest-growing parts of our firm, New Ventures has more than 1,000 dedicated professionals (including more than 800 analysts and data scientists) and we're hiring more mathematicians, data scientists, designers, software engineers, product managers, client development managers and general managers.
What You'll Do
You will play a meaningful role in leading all aspects of analytics recruiting for New Ventures and perhaps, McKinsey in general.
This includes responsibilities that range from handling client needs to talent mapping and direct sourcing, as well as overseeing applicants and referrals for various offices and practices across North America.
You'll also participate in strategy sessions as needed and you'll be a brand ambassador for McKinsey.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top