Senior Product Insights Analyst
- Master's degree in business, computer science or quantitative field
- 3-5 years of experience working in multi-faceted and matrixed organizations
- Ability to build consensus across disparate stakeholders, and the ability to get things done
- Passion for applying sophisticated analytics to solve complex business problems and optimize existing processes
- Proven ability to develop deep understanding of end users' mindsets and behaviors based on analysis of multiple data sources
- Track record of bringing new ideas to bear, questioning the status quo, providing analytical rigor, and coming to the table with well thought-out alternatives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with relevant experience in presenting ideas and data to senior leadership to guide decision-making
- Strong understanding of technical terminology and business processes in order to translate & aggregate complex data into key actionable insights
- Exceptional relationship management skills and the proven ability to be seen as a trusted advisor and thought partner by senior executive decision makers
- Strong business acumen, analytical, and problem-solving skills – including data structuring, quantitative reasoning and implication development
- Excellent planning, prioritizing, and organizational skills. Self-managing/motivating with the ability to balance competing priorities in a dynamic environment
- Experience convincing others of the value of fact-based insights, guiding team members in the analytical process and solution development
- Direct experience developing analytics for structured and unstructured data, using tools such as Adobe Analytics, SQL, SAS, R, Python, Tableau (or comparable technologies and tools)
Who You'll Work With
You will be a senior member of the Product Insights team and will be based in Prague. You will work closely with various Product Teams and Functional Leaders to develop and manage analytics for our products, such as internally deployed web applications, enterprise software, or hardware.
The Product Insights team collects and analyzes a wide variety of Technology & Digital data - usage statistics, web analytics, surveys, support tickets, financials, learning etc., which are spread across different systems at various levels of maturity. You will tap into them and derive novel insights using advanced methods, as well as identify gaps in our knowledge and suggest how to establish new sources of data.
The Technology & Digital (T&D) organization enables the firm's productivity by developing and maintaining a wide range of technical and digital solutions for use by McKinsey as well as external audiences such as recruits, alumni, and potential clients.
What You'll Do
You will develop state-of-the-art analytics to surface actionable insights about our products and users.
You will apply algorithms for both structured and unstructured data to build and deploy advanced analytical models and dashboards for key audiences. You will collaborate with Product Teams to understand product metrics and help develop data-based strategies to improve the development, performance and adoption.
Being at the center of our data, you'll be able to proactively identify and prioritize opportunities to drive product development and behavior change, and you will create strategies to address these opportunities. You will also conduct ad hoc analyses to support product-related efforts including prioritization within and across portfolios, user research, design, adoption.
You will dive deep on data but also see the big picture and engage with internal customers. You will foster an analytics culture within the Technology & Digital organization and propagate a deeper understanding of our users by everything you do.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top