Senior Product Developer / Analyst - Horizon 360
- Bachelor's degree/ Master's Degree/ Diploma in IT, Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Electrical/ Computer Engineering or related discipline
- 6+ years of experience in the field of software development
- Operational expertise in MS Office (e.g., Excel, PowerPoint) technical features and developer tools, as well as VBA automation – .NET (C/ C+/ C#)
- Operational expertise in relational databases (e.g., SQL Server, MySQL), including programming stored procedures, user-defined functions, triggers, database management
- Strong experience in any of the following is a plus: HTML/ HTML5/ CSS, Python, R, SAS, SPSS, Tableau, Power BI, Alteryx, Confirmit, NoSQL databases
- Working knowledge of source code management, release management and software deployment concepts, platforms (e.g., AWS) and tools
- Experience in business requirements gathering, modular software design, product management, project management
- Strong track record of success working remotely and independently with limited supervision
- Passionate about programming and have demonstrated the ability to pick-up new languages quickly
- Experience leading small teams or third party development partners to deliver smaller standalone projects or significant new features within the context of a larger product
Who You'll Work With
You'll work with our Horizon360 team in our Gurgaon, India office. Horizon360 is part of McKinsey Solutions and McKinsey's New Ventures.
Horizon360 is based on the cumulative IT expertise of McKinsey's Business Technology Office. It offers services and software tools to improve the IT performance of medium and large enterprises and IT service providers. We support the entire value chain of IT performance transformation: quickly assessing current performance, benchmarking against industry peers and best-in-class companies, identifying improvement levers and quantifying potential, supporting implementation measures, and sustaining improvements over time.
McKinsey New Ventures fosters innovation driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile and social by developing new products/services and integrating them into our client work. It is helping to shift our model toward asset-based consulting and is a foundation for –and expands our investment in –our entrepreneurial culture. Through innovative software as a service solutions, strategic acquisitions, and a vibrant ecosystem of alliances, we are redefining what it means to work with McKinsey.
As one of the fastest-growing parts of our firm, New Ventures has more than 1,500 dedicated professionals (including more than 800 analysts and data scientists) and we're hiring more mathematicians, data scientists, designers, software engineers, product managers, client development managers and general managers.
What You'll Do
You will play a pivotal role in building and supporting all of Horizon360's IT platforms and applications.
You will work with colleagues across all geographies and levels to advance and support our product suite by distilling diverse stakeholder inputs into detailed business requirements and then developing or driving the development of these into efficient software solutions. You will lead work-streams involving other teams within the organization (e.g., survey development CoC, Periscope Data Vision, technology operations) to ensure smooth deployment of these solutions and readiness for client use.
You will be responsible for technical deliverables associated with client-facing products as well as internal operations automation and tools. You will also lead application deployment and development process improvement initiatives. Over time you will be expected to become more involved in driving the development strategy and roadmap for Horizon360 and will be expected to bring up new initiatives (e.g., technology platforms), propose technical solutions and provide technical inputs to support strategic decision-making
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top