Senior Product Designer - Design & Innovation
- Bachelor's degree
- 4+ years of hands on experience developing digital products across different mediums like web and mobile (familiarity with an Enterprise setting is a plus)
- Passionate about creating value through great design and user experience
- Interaction and Visual design skills, including use of a diverse set of tools, e.g. Sketch, Invision, Adobe Creative suite, OmniGraffle, etc.
- Strong communication skills with ability to articulate and optimize design based on the value to the user and the business
- Partner well with others from different disciplines to integrate input from various sources and solve problems
- Experience working with distributed teams
- Ability to thrive in a fluid and entrepreneurial environment and embark on regional and global travel as needed
Who You'll Work With
You will be a core member of the Design & Innovation team working out of our North American Knowledge Center (NAKC), located in Waltham, MA. You will be part of a global team that is distributed across New York, New Delhi, and Prague.
The Design & Innovation team is responsible for using user-centered methods to inform the development and delivery of technology-enabled products and services used across the firm. This work ensures that we create experiences that make the work of our colleagues faster, easier and more effective. And that we incubate new ways of working that will move the firm forward.
What You'll Do
You will work on some of the most exciting digital initiatives with the firm, leveraging your skills in experience design to conceive and deliver valuable new products and services for our colleagues and clients across mobile and web platforms.
You will contribute to all aspects of the product development lifecycle—from research and ideation through to detailed design and delivery—with an emphasis on rapid prototyping, frequent validation with end users, and creatively approaching constraints.
You will collaborate closely with product managers, developers, and other disciplines to identify what will be most critical to the success of a product, what it should feel like to interact with a product or service across multiple touchpoints, and to define how we bring that experience into reality. In this work, you will actively look for opportunities to apply new tools and technologies that can help enrich the capabilities the firm provides to our colleagues to do their work.
You will also have the opportunity to be an advocate and coach for design thinking, helping others in the firm develop their knowledge, skills and capabilities in the use empathetic, inventive and iterative methods for product development.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top