Senior or Executive Recruiter - Operations
- Bachelor's degree; Advanced degree a plus
- 6+ years of recruiting experience within an executive search or corporate recruiting function focused on identifying, attracting and hiring highly talented individuals who are in great demand
- Comfort in managing the full lifecycle of recruiting candidates including highly developed skills in market mapping, name generation, cold calling, candidate attraction, and client management
- Goal driven and able to pro-actively take initiative; comfortable working with minimal direction
- Able to cultivate trust based relationships with partners, peers, vendors and candidates
- Strong skills in discernment; able to evaluate intellectual depth and problem-solving ability of candidates
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and team skills; ability to build working relationships with candidates, consultants, and recruiting colleagues
- Exceptional organizational and administrative skills, at ease with abundance of details and complexity, yet mindful of big picture, ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize them, and carry them out independently
- Strong computer and analytical skills; proficient with excel and PowerPoint
- Strong client services orientation; professional services experience is a plus
- Flexible to travel and work outside of standard office hours
- This role is office based (e.g. working virtually is not an option)
Who You'll Work With
You'll work in either Chicago, San Francisco, or New York as part of our North American Experienced Hire recruiting team and our global Operations practice.
Our Operations practice assists our clients in solving complex operational challenges. Blending strategic thinking with hands-on practicality, our teams of consultants and experts work to develop and implement operational strategies that solve our clients' most critical problems.
What You'll Do
You will help drive all aspects of recruiting for the Operations Practice.
You'll apply your experience and passion for sourcing and recruiting industry candidates to develop talent management strategies, and to plan, coordinate and drive hiring activities. You'll work to understand talent needs within the practice, and you'll work with leadership to determine hiring targets and develop profiles and specifications. You'll also work with leadership to ensure the success of our new hires including altering criteria and adapting integration/professional development programs as needed.
You will turn profile requirements into an effective sourcing strategy using an appropriate combination of executive search, direct sourcing, online postings, referrals, and other relevant methods. You'll attract and develop candidate interest, you'll screen and evaluate candidates using McKinsey-specific assessment methodologies, and you'll lead candidates through the recruiting process ensuring efficiency in scheduling, timely feedback and appropriate utilization on interviewers time.
Additionally, you'll manage cultivation and integration into the firm and you'll have the opportunity to stay abreast of cutting-edge knowledge topics relevant to recruiting area (attend knowledge training days, collect intelligence from the marketplace, identify trends and patterns). You'll evaluate, manage and develop third party recruiting resources (search firms, research contractors, job-boards, etc.). You'll serve as an active member of the leadership focused on tracking key success and performance metrics, identifying and recommending improvement opportunities and/or constraints, and ensuring recruiting remains a leadership agenda item. Furthermore, you'll have the opportunity to develop the skills and capabilities of other members of the recruiting team.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top