Senior Manager - Risk & Governance
- Top academic credentials, including strong undergraduate degree and demonstrable intellectual curiosity through professional training, advanced degree, or professional impact
- At least 8–10 years' professional experience
- Outstanding "IQ, EQ, and RQ"–demonstrated through your problem-solving and judgment, communications and listening, and ability to thrive in a complex organization
- Distinctive expertise and problem-solving skills, demonstrated through your impact on complex, sensitive, time-critical issues
- An entrepreneurial, collaborative attitude, with interest and aptitude for working as part of a global team, across countries and cultures
- Exceptional judgment and integrity
- Strong personal presence and credibility, with the ability to work across all levels of seniority, cultivating trust-based, peer-counselor relationships
- Outstanding English written and oral communication skills, including clear, concise writing and editorial skills and excellent listening skills
- Deep understanding of or affinity to risk and governance issues
- Distinctive project-management skills, with the ability to lead complex initiatives and/or operations with speed, accuracy, and efficiency, and an uncompromising commitment to quality
- Strong personal resilience, including comfort and credibility in sometimes challenging discussions with senior colleagues, which balance robustness, persistence, flexibility, humility, and tact
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced professional services partnership – taking forward multiple initiatives simultaneously, working gracefully under stringent deadlines, and balancing disparate needs
Who You'll Work With
You will be based McKinsey's office in Atlanta, Amsterdam, London, New York, or Washington D.C. and will report directly to our global Director of Risk, who is based in London.
You will be part of the McKinsey's Risk function, whose mission is to enable McKinsey's client impact and innovation, while managing risks to ourfirm, our clients, and our people. The function is a highly integrated global team, with backgrounds including communications, consulting, diplomacy, government, government affairs, and law.
You will work closely with client-serving Partners and wider colleagues across the firm, with the firm's board and risk committees, and with other professionals including our Communications and Legal teams.
What You'll Do
You will play a core role across the four "pillars" of our risk model–governance, awareness, advice, and assurance, leading our work on risk governance
On risk governance, you will help evolve and shape our approach to risk, by providing transparency on risks we face in our work globally, and identifying actions to address them. As part of this,you will lead work to build our capabilities in predictive risk and risk analytics.
You will help shape the evolution of the firm's governance, risk and compliance model–including our risk architecture, processes, systems and capabilities–leading initiatives to strengthen our risk capabilities.
You will lead policy reviews and projects for the firm's board, from inception to implementation, with a key role advising the firm's Risk, Audit and Governance Committee. As part of this role (and extending beyond risk), you will also lead the function's contribution to priority initiatives on the governance of the firm.
You will act as COO for our Risk function, working with the Director of Risk and our Chief Risk Officer in areas including hiring and developing new members of the function, knowledge management, and helping convene our six risk teams (Cyber, Internal Audit, Legal, Reputation Risk, Risk,and Security).
On awareness, you will lead or provide expert input to selected professional standards and risk awareness-raising initiatives, leading or contributing to learning programs, training, and efforts to engage colleagues on risk and values.
On advice, you will act as a global lead subject matter expert on selected major areas of risk(depending on your background and interests), providing peer counsel to Partners and wider colleagues on risk issues.
On assurance, you will play an important role in helping evolve and implement our approach to assurance and compliance, working closely with colleagues in our Legal and Internal Audit functions.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top