Senior Knowledge Analyst - Recovery & Transformation Services
- Advanced degree in Computer Applications, Engineering, Mathematics or Operations research; Strong quantitative background preferred
- Strong modeling and programming skills using Excel, VBA with 2+ years of experience
- Previous work experience in building business algorithms/ scenario planners/ solving business problems using optimization techniques and running project management offices is preferred
- Basic software engineering project management experience in Agile, Lean, or Scrum development is a plus (in particular defining requirements, rapidly iterating and deploying features)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to disaggregate issues, identify root causes and recommend solutions
- Basic SQL skills (MySQL or PostgreSQL)
- Basic familiarity with data visualization tools such as Tableau and/or PowerBI
- Knowledge of applying fundamental operations research and statistical techniques
- Energetic, cooperative and pleasant personality. Able to work with and coach effectively a diverse group of team members
- Detail oriented and with ability to work under pressure, mentally resilient to endure the long and tough road of a transformation
- Flexibility, patience, and an understanding of fluid, demanding, and unstructured environments where priorities evolve constantly and methodologies are regularly challenged
- Entrepreneurial and proactively thinking about potential improvements to how things are done
- Willingness to travel globally
Who You'll Work With
You will be based in our Kuala Lumpur office and will be part of the Recovery & Transformation Services (RTS).
RTS is a unit of McKinsey & Company, founded in 2010, that focuses exclusively on holistic transformations and corporate restructuring. RTS helps clients drive rapid and dramatic performance improvement and also provides a full suite of services to support companies facing liquidity issues or insolvency. Our clients include stressed/distressed companies, organizations seeking to go from "good to great" and stakeholders in insolvency situations. Our work ranges from acute crisis management to long term recovery and performance improvement. We pair experienced professionals drawn from industry, private equity, and the restructuring ecosystem with our firm's global network of industry and functional experts. We are doers, and we work closely with clients to execute the steps necessary to achieve extraordinary performance improvements
What You'll Do
You will work with clients on building business optimization and scenario models and deploying analytical tools.
You will serve as the front-line deployment for various technical tools such as Nerve and SnapLogic, SQL based reporting, Tableau and PowerBI, Excel VBA. You will deploy McKinsey's transformation management tool and support consulting teams in setting-up an ongoing weekly meeting cadence. You will tightly project manage team members to ensure seamless delivery. You will provide guidance and leadership to teams on analytics and build client capabilities. You will pull in the latest firm developments in technology and client service to advance the state of current practice. You will challenge colleagues mindsets about what is possible and how things are done.
You will also actively participate in building team strategy on knowledge and capability development and are expected to explore wider horizons both internally and externally to expand the service offerings.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top