Senior IT Operations Specialist-Unix
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent subject
- 4-6 years of work experience
- Hands on experience AIX 6.1 , 7.1 and SUSE 11/12, Redhat, CentOS and Ubuntu in a virtual environment, (any two OS)
- Experience in scripting (Perl / Python) and building required automation (using standard technologies such as Puppet / Ansible) and tools.
- Experience with various virtualization technologies and multi-tenant, private and hybrid cloud environments is preferred
- Experience in IBM GPFS and CNFS solution is preferred
- Knowledge of Storage Area Networks technology, ideally hands-on support experience with IBM based solutions SVC, XIV, V7K and management through TPC is prefered
- Ability to evaluate and manage customer requests and develop responses for troubleshooting issues including performance issues
- Strong understanding of a "client-first" oriented work environment and high level of commitment and ownership
- Ability to lead and contribute to the development, maintenance, and usage of deployment and task automation (OS, database services, virtual networks, or other platform services)
Who You'll Work WithYou will based in Gurgaon and will work in an entity within McKinsey's worldwide IT organization. This group provides services globally on a 24/7 basis out of several support centers in North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and India. The IT hubs in Gurgaon delivers services such as Global Infrastructure, Application Support, High Definition Video Conferencing (HDVC) and VoIP support, among several other services. This team is also responsible for technical trouble shooting on SAN systems.
What You'll Do
You will be responsible for the maintenance and administration of Unix based operating systems as well as the firm's data back up and system recovery environment.
In this role you will encounter a variety of support requests in a fast-paced environment which will require you to be highly adaptable. You will share knowledge, best practices and shoulder additional responsibilities at times of high workload.
You will be involved in operating system configuration, maintenance and administration for AIX / Linux servers firm-wide. You will execute major platform software and operating system upgrades and maintain a multi-LPAR environment. In collaboration with infrastructure architects, AIX/Linux engineers and environment automation analysts, you will be involved in defining and executing the infrastructure deployment automation strategies. You will also be involved in automating tasks utilizing SUSE Manager and traditional Perl / Python scripts.
You will manage system resources to assure maximum performance and appropriate capacity for peak periods and growth. You will configure and maintain Storage Area Network systems (IBM DS8K, DS 4K, XIV and SVC). You will plan, configure and implement monitors for system environment using tools like Splunk and Nagios. You will be involved in 2nd level support for application development and support teams in resolving technical problems related to applications hosted on McKinsey's AIX / Linux servers and SAN systems, including coordination of 3rd level escalation to technical vendor support teams. You will configure and maintain the firm's data backup and system recovery environment based upon IBM Tivoli Storage Manager.
You will contribute to the continuous improvement of the firm wide AIX/Linux server, SAN and data backup environments by developing, documenting and promoting best practice maintenance.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top