Senior IT Operations Specialist - Network
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent subject
- 5-7 years work experience in network management
- Solid knowledge and experience of Cisco routers and switches and the protocol family TCP/IP.
- Experience that emphasizes L2-L4 Networking (L2 Switching architectures including Spanning Tree, in LAN configuration- Vlans, Trunks, Ether-channels, STP, SPAN, RSPAN, inter VLAN routing, LAN security)
- Experiencing troubleshooting at layers 1 through 4, and an understanding of higher layer behavior on transit networks, IP routing including EIGRP and BGP ,L4 Load balancing
- In-depth knowledge of services like DHCP, QoS, NTP, HSRP, IPsec, ARP, NAT, ACL, PBR, VSS, vPC, GRE tunneling, IP SLA/object tracking
- Experience installing and deploying wireless network in enterprise networks
- Experience reading and understanding packet captures using Sniffer and/or Ethereal/Wireshark and/or Cascade Pilot
- Familiarity with load balancing (preferably F5) and security products such as BigIP, ASM and APM
- Intermediate knowledge of SSL (particularly server-based) and DNS admin experience
- Experience scripting or coding in at least one of the following: Python, Bash, Tcl
- Excellent troubleshooting skills with Riverbed and tools like sniffers, probes, network management systems (NAGIOS, Cisco Prime, Ansible, etc.) preferred.
- Hands-on experience with DNS, Next Generation Firewall and Threat Protection, TACACS + authentication, SNMP management
- Working knowledge in Orchestration & Automation (preferably Ansible), Infrastructure as Code, Continuous Delivery/Continuous Integration and Devops concepts
- Good understanding of Infrastructure-as-a-Service Cloud integration for the major players (AWS, Azure)
- Experience in the following: Cisco Routing & Switching platforms , Palo Alto , Juniper , Riverbed , RSA , knowledge of F5 (LTM,GTM,APM,ASM)
- Cisco CCDA/CCNA/CCNP/CCDP Certification and Linux experience advantageous
- Willingness to work in shifts (including night and weekend shifts)
Who You'll Work With
You will be a part of our Network team and will be based in our Gurgaon office. This team is responsible for managing and supporting the key systems and infrastructure in our firm data center, office infrastructure and security networks.
The network team shares knowledge and best practices and shoulders additional responsibilities at times of high workload/demand. As team members they demonstrate a collaborative style and the willingness to help others. Also they share a common understanding of a "client-first" oriented work environment.
What You'll Do
You will be involved with expanding, enhancing, and upgrading the network in an environment using Cisco Catalyst 6500, 4500 and Cisco IOS routers.
In this role, you will also get exposed to F5, Riverbeds, Arista, Palo Alto platforms. Your other responsibilities will include expanding, enhancing, and upgrading security services in a Palo Alto, SRX environment. You will provide support for troubleshooting connectivity problems, outages, or performance degradations in the network. You will enhance and upgrade data centers in an integrated network and storage environment using Nexus 7K/5K/2K/1K switches.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top