Senior Implementation Consultant Supply Chain Management
- 5-15 years of work experience in supply chain management, logistics, planning and warehouse management.
- Evidence of a distinctive career trajectory and/or academic record of achievement.
- Interest in network design, sales and operations planning, inventory, or physical flow management.
- Experience in consumer, retail, e-tailer, automotive industry an advantage (but not essential).
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to translate analysis into recommendations.
- Extensive project management and large scale implementation roll out experience.
- Experience in managing key transformation factors (performance management systems, mindsets and behaviours).
- Willingness to "roll up your sleeves'" and work at all levels of a client organization.
- MBA or other graduate level degree preferred, but not required.
- Comfort with extensive travel in Australia (4-5 days a week)
Who You'll Work With
As a Senior Implementation Coach you will work within McKinsey Implementation (MI) – a rapidly growing capability for our firm. The Australian group has offices in Perth, Melbourne, and Sydney, however our work is national with travel to our clients' sites. As a member of MI, you'll work closely with our client project teams, providing end-to-end support to ensure the clients are able to deliver and sustain the full benefits of McKinsey's recommended change in their business.
What You'll Do
Passionate about coaching individuals to see them succeed, your mandate is to help clients build these capabilities in delivery and execution, both during an active project and continuing after our consultants have shared their recommendations.
Our Supply Chain Management service line helps leading companies in all industries develop and implement future-oriented logistics strategies. We do this by making significant improvements in customer service while reducing invested capital and cost by transforming and optimizing their supply chains from end to end.
Senior Implementation Coaches are responsible for leading clients through these operational improvements and large scale business transformations. As a thought leader and a subject matter expert you will provide practical recommendations to team discussions on the implications of analysis, identifying implementation challenges. Specifically your role is to manage change initiatives and implementation projects by tracking metrics, and handling complex analyses, whilst also preparing communications to report back to client and internal leadership. You will work side by side with the client on each engagement, facilitating working sessions with front-line sales teams and supervisors, motivating and coaching the client team to helping to tackle key operational challenges.
Interested candidates please submit a resume AND a detailed cover letter which outlines your recent experience working on business transformation and/or implementation initiatives as well as your skills in leadership and coaching of operational teams. (Please keep CV's to a maximum of 5 pages).
See Inside the Office of McKinsey
McKinsey helps clients facing a whole range of business questions to identify, understand, and analyze their options and make good strategic decisions. Whether it’s a tech giant contemplating a large investment, a pharma company expanding overseas, or a nonprofit looking to increase donations, the McKinsey team knows the ins and outs of the industries it serves and helps its clients tackle tough challenges and make big decisions.
Back to top