Senior Implementation Consultant – Mining Operations
- Undergraduate degree in engineering, mining, metallurgy, materials engineering or geology is preferred; Advanced degree is a plus
- 5-15 years of experience in mine planning, mine operations management, performance improvement, and/or corporate management/support functions at a major mining company
- Field-based experience on projects in the Mining & Metals industry
- In-depth knowledge of continuous improvement programs, such as Lean/Six Sigma is preferred
- Ability to apply problem-solving and experience-based judgment to complex challenges by focusing on the critical issues and constraints that affect business performance.
- Demonstrated leadership ability and passionate about coaching and mentoring clients and helping others succeed
- Ability to work with people across all levels in an organization, demonstrating strong influencing and communication skills
- Flexibility to travel up to 5 days a week
- Fluent in both English and Spanish
Who You'll Work With
You'll join our Santiago office, working with our McKinsey Implementation (MI) team.
MI provides continuous, distinctive support to our clients to ensure they achieve and sustain the full benefits of McKinsey's recommended changes. Our implementation consultants are involved from strategy through execution with a disciplined eye on impact and sustainability at every stage of the project life-cycle.
You'll work closely with our client project teams, providing end-to-end support to ensure the clients are able to deliver and sustain the full benefits of McKinsey's recommended change in their business.
What You'll Do
You will be responsible for building clients' capabilities, systems, and processes to ensure they capture and sustain the anticipated bottom-line results.
Engaging at a deep level, you will drive lasting impact on critical exploration, production, refinement and energy trading issues at leading companies. From the start of a client engagement, you'll be on the ground with your team, ensuring that implementation success is a priority. You'll develop practical recommendations, identify potential implementation challenges, manage projects, and track progress. Working side-by-side with your clients, you will coach them as they develop their skills, tackle key operational challenges, and implement new processes and programs, helping them achieve results they never thought possible.
Working at McKinsey you will also experience tremendous personal and professional growth. Participating in on-going professional development, you will be mentored by McKinsey leaders, your peers, and subject matter experts from leading organisations who have experience in a broad range of industries and functions and are located around the world.
See Inside the Office of McKinsey
McKinsey helps clients facing a whole range of business questions to identify, understand, and analyze their options and make good strategic decisions. Whether it’s a tech giant contemplating a large investment, a pharma company expanding overseas, or a nonprofit looking to increase donations, the McKinsey team knows the ins and outs of the industries it serves and helps its clients tackle tough challenges and make big decisions.
Back to top