Senior Implementation Coach - Lean Implementation
- University degree and excellent academic record required; MBA or other advanced degree preferred
- 5+ years of finance or insurance industry and/or consulting experience that includes a progressive career trajectory, outstanding professional achievement and distinctive impact
- Led at least one large scale Lean Transformation across functions at the enterprise level (ideally with financial & insurance institutions or digital environments)
- Best in class continuous improvement experience, e.g., Toyota Production System, Shingo Prize, Master Black Belt, Six Sigma, Kaizan, Lean Management, etc.
- Demonstrated track record developing and building a Lean/continuous improvement program with deep expertise in developing, coaching and mentoring leaders at all levels
- Experience leading a Lean program in service industries (Banking, Insurance, etc.)
- Strong influencing, coaching and communication skills across all levels of an organization, plus a passion for seeing others succeed
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and work at all levels of a client organization
- Willingness to travel regionally or globally up to 80% depending on client and base location
Who You'll Work With
You'll work with McKinsey Implementation – a rapidly growing capability for our firm – in one of our North American offices. As a member of MI, you'll work closely with our client project teams, providing end-to-end support to ensure the clients are able to deliver and sustain the full benefits of McKinsey's recommended change in their business.
What You'll Do
You'll be a thought leader in the application of continuous improvement and lean techniques across service industries and functions at an enterprise level.
Primarily, you will develop and mentor clients to be effective problem solvers and frontline coaches. You will guide banking and insurance organizations through a lean journey by applying your expertise to ensure successful implementation and sustainability of our client's Lean Transformations, including creating short and long-term capability-building plans for all relevant levels of client leadership, with anticipated deliverables, outcomes, and required resources.
You will apply your experience leading lean transformations and capability-building in the context of the overall wave/project/continuous improvement effort and you'll introduce new frameworks, tools, or ways of using existing material. Additionally, you'll help to identify clients for beta testing.
Opportunities will exist to supplement our firm's existing knowledge by codifying and disseminating new knowledge in articles and white papers.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top