Senior Human Resources Team Leader
- Bachelor's degree in HR or related field
- 2-4 years HR experience, preferably in a professional services environment
- Strong presence and ability to develop collaborative relationships with cell HR and partnering functions e.g. Benefits and Payroll
- Strong leadership skills, and demonstrated ability to coach and motivate, professional maturity
- Exceptional communication and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent change management and process development skills
- Ability to dive into complex, ambiguous situations and bring them to an effective resolution
- Deductive reasoning abilities to apply general guidelines to specific problems to produce answers that make sense
- Strong problem solving capabilities combined with a bias to simplify complicated processes
- Proven ability to handle confidential information, personal integrity, excellent judgment and high ethical standards
- Stress tolerance related to time sensitive deadlines and workflow demands
- Exceptional accuracy combined with a focus on efficiency
- Ability to shift rapidly between the big picture and details without getting stuck in either
- Independent project management skills, flexible and organized; excellent time management skills
Who You'll Work WithYou will be based in our Tampa Service Center (TSC) located in St. Petersburg, FL. The TSC opened in May 2010 to provide Executive Assistant support to North America as well as HR support. The TSC has expanded to become a hub for North American Finance and is home for colleagues within practice administration, recruiting, analytics, design, learning, benefits and other roles.
What You'll Do
You will coordinate key HR processes and programs while providing guidance to the HR Administrators.
You will be responsible for the smooth operation of the core North America HR team including monitoring day-to-day workflow, prioritization of critical requests, and consistency in approach. You will collaborate with colleagues to build a cohesive HR community – e.g., negotiate work requests when team is capacity-constrained, continue to develop positive, collaborative relationships. You will continuously innovate workflow processes to enhance efficiency and effectiveness.
You will assess development needs and you will coach, motivate and train individual team members. You will develop and deliver training and conduct timely and thorough performance evaluations by gathering, summarizing, and delivering feedback. You will assist with screening, interviewing and onboarding new team members.
You will oversee administrative duties including timesheet review and approval, monitoring overtime, approving vacation, and tracking sick time, in accordance with firm policies and procedures. You will create and maintain an energizing, high-performance work environment reflecting McKinsey values, a collaborative team-based culture, and a service mindset.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top