Senior Human Resources Administrator
- Bachelor's degree in HR or related field preferred
- 2-4 years HR experience, preferably in professional services environment
- Ability to dive into complex, ambiguous situations and bring them to an effective resolution
- Demonstrated personal responsibility and ownership of a process to drive high-quality results
- Deductive reasoning abilities; able to apply general guidelines to specific problems to produce answers that make sense
- Strong problem solving capabilities combined with a bias to simplify complicated processes
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills to support a customer service orientation
- Genuine interest in taking on more responsibilities and challenges involving additional complexity
- Great instinct for highest-priority tasks and helps colleagues prioritize tasks as appropriate
- Proven ability to handle confidential information, personal integrity, excellent judgement and high ethical standards
- Conveys sense of enthusiasm for his/her role and contributions
- Stress tolerance related to time sensitive deadlines
- Exceptional accuracy combined with a focus on efficiency
- Ability to shift rapidly between the big picture and details without getting stuck in either
- Independent project management skills, flexible and organized; excellent time management skills
- Natural curiosity to understand a process, but not to the point of being paralyzed to take the next step without "mastering" the subject
Who You'll Work With
You'll work in our Tampa Service Center (TSC) located in St. Petersburg, Florida as part of our Human Resources (HR) and broader administrative team.
The TSC opened in May 2010 to provide Executive Assistant support to North America as well as HR support and has expanded to become a hub for North American Finance. It's home for colleagues within practice administration, recruiting, analytics, design, learning, benefits and other roles. The Tampa based central HR team supports all U.S. based colleagues.
McKinsey & Company is a global management consulting firm that advises top management of Fortune 500 and other leading companies and institutions as well as governments and nonprofit organizations on issues of strategy, organization, technology, and operations. McKinsey & Company has more than 100 locations in over 60 countries and operates as a global partnership.
What You'll Do
You will act as first point of contact for firm members on benefits, payroll, and other Human Resource matters.
You will address concerns and solve complex HR issues and exceptions to general policies in collaboration with office-based HR teams throughout the US. You will support the full life cycle of our firm members, including the full on-boarding and exit process, immigration details, background screening, etc.
Additionally, you will manage the background screening process for candidates to mitigate risk for the firm and you'll provide guidance to the local offices on next steps based on results. You'll also engage External Workers in alignment with our Global External Worker policy and provide guidance on next steps to mitigate risk and build consistency in the approach.
You will manage the administration of all leaves of absence and flexibility programs in partnership with the local office and you'll conduct remote benefit orientations for new colleague starting throughout the US, serving as an administrator of the medical and prescription benefits program. You will be responsible for maintaining the integrity of the firm's people data, you'll proactively identify and rectify inconsistencies and ensuring adequate coverage and delivery of superior customer service to firm members and you will champion HR projects within the team as needed and focus on continuous process improvement to drive efficiency and team performance. You will also assist with training of new team colleagues, fostering a collaborative team environment.
Furthermore, you'll be responsible for data management and analysis duties include managing and providing daily, weekly, and monthly reporting and analysis of standard and ad hoc reports. You will also be the key point of contact for the year end process involving the people systems and ensuring the accuracy of the payroll data.
You will be expected to have exceptional problem solving skills, solid judgement, and excellent communication skills. A successful Senior HR Administrator is comfortable working in an ambiguous space, has strong customer service orientation, outstanding organizational skills and superb attention to detail. S/he will be responsible for the day-to-day coordination of a wide variety of HR processes and programs.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top