Senior Finance Expert, Hospital & Health Systems
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration; CPA and/or MBA preferred
- 5-10 years of progressive responsible financial leadership/management experience with 3-5 years of managed care and revenue cycle experience
- Expert level knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Knowledge and experience in health care financial management and information systems
- In-depth knowledge of accounting, finance, reimbursement and budgeting as it relates to healthcare
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Power Point, Word and other business support resources including financial and revenue accounting systems
Who You'll Work With
You'll work with our Healthcare Analytics & Delivery team. Healthcare Analytics & Delivery is part of McKinsey's New Ventures.
The Healthcare Analytics & Delivery team uses healthcare data and analytics to answer some of the most pressing questions our healthcare clients have today. These capabilities are the foundation of multiple high profile initiatives and have been core to our Healthcare practice in delivering organization wide transformation programs for payors and providers.
McKinsey New Ventures fosters innovation driven by analytics to develop new products and services and integrate these into our client work. It is helping to shift our model toward asset-based consulting and is a foundation for – and expands our investment in – our entrepreneurial culture. Through innovative software as a service solutions, strategic acquisitions, and a vibrant ecosystem of alliances, we are redefining what it means to work with McKinsey.
As one of the fastest-growing parts of our firm, New Ventures has more than 1,500 dedicated professionals and we're hiring diverse profiles from mathematicians and data scientists to seasoned executives and industry thought leaders.
What You'll Do
As part of the Enterprise Transformation Domain, you will provide guidance on financial strategies and decisions that impact organizational performance by developing and evaluating complex financial plans and strategies.
You will lead in the identification and presentation of financial options to senior clients, and make recommendations that have a significant impact on strategic initiatives and operational decisions.
It's important that you are well versed in in evaluating capitation and other risk based payment models. You will bring your skills and expertise in audit and tax interactions, regulatory compliance and internal controls. You will be asked to examine, develop, re-engineer, and recommend financial, AR, and technology policies and procedures.
Finally, your skills in designing a finance organization and managing talent will be called upon to act as an interim finance executive.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top