Senior Experience Designer - Digital McKinsey
- Undergraduate degree, ideally in a discipline related to Interaction Design, Interface Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Service Design, Design with emphasis on UX/UI
- 5+ years of industry experience designing applications, experiences, websites, products and services that balance user needs, business objectives and technological capabilities
- Interaction and visual design skills, including the use of a diverse set of prototyping software tools
- Excellent knowledge of rapid prototyping tools such as Sketch, Axure, Invision or Flinto
- Experience with Agile software development processes and methodologies
- Holistic and human-centered approach to product and service design, from research and insight generation to concept to deliverable
- Proven ability as a solid hands-on practitioner demonstrated through a diverse body of work across a range of leading clients
- Strong influencing, negotiation and communication skills (written, verbal, presentation) with the ability to be a thought partner/ coach to clients and internal team members
- Experience mentoring designers and other members of a cross-functional team
- Able to function, adapt and succeed in a constantly changing, fast-paced environment
- Entrepreneurial, experimental and self-driven while also being collaborative and a guiding voice of design maturity
- Strong command of English language (both verbal and written) as well as fluency in German (or one other European language)
- Willingness to travel to up to 90% to client sites
Who You'll Work With
You will be based in Berlin and will be part of the Digital Labs team. Our design teams are small, flexible and employ agile methodologies as a part of cross-functional missions to quickly provide value by design from the day one.
You will be a part of a highly collaborative group of individuals who are adept at solving complex digital problems. As part of a diverse cross-functional unit, you will design, build and deliver new and exciting capabilities for our clients - with the emphasis on creating the foundation for rapid and effective implementation of systems that maximize value from day one.
Our office culture is casual, fun and social, with an emphasis on education and innovation. We have the freedom to try new ideas, experiment and are expected to be constantly learning and growing. There is also a strong emphasis on mentoring others in the group, enabling them to grow and learn. You will have exciting career prospects within an international company that is still considered a start-up, yet was created by a trusted advisor of some of the most influential organizations in the world. You will work on challenging tasks in an innovative state-of-the-art technological environment in small teams of highly motivated colleagues with various cultural backgrounds.
What You'll Do
You will work on a variety of projects that integrate digital designs into products, services and environments.
You will be part of a blended cross-functional team and tackle all aspects of the design process. Moving from insights to ideas you will creatively solve complex problems, threading design and business thinking together to deliver inventive, durable and thoughtful solutions from concept to launch. In this role, you will need to apply conceptual thinking to create desirable and feasible digital solutions across multiple platforms, smartly bringing together user needs, business goals and technical realities. You'll utilize industry design standards and best practices to define and implement design criteria. You'll apply user-centered design methodologies to ensure your ideas are based on customer needs and you'll prepare research and testing, produce personas, map customer journeys, develop service blueprints, for complex products and services.
Additionally, you'll effectively communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and visually. You'll use a variety of methods to convey ideas and concepts (e.g. storyboards, wireframes, prototypes, etc) and you'll use your narration and storytelling skills to bring product ideas to life. You'll construct quick interactive prototypes with initial, low-fidelity visual designs that illustrate your UX/UI design that present a realistic feel of the intended experience. Further, you'll be expected to perform task analysis and define the User Interface Design through information architecture, wireframes and user flows and validate it through usability testing. You lead usability testing sessions, consolidate findings and iteratively integrate into design solutions.
You'll also participate in workshops, concept sprints and hackathons to inject design thinking tools and methodologies to produce tangible results in a rapid and iterative way. You'll work closely with development teams to ensure that design specifications are implemented, and you'll communicate the product's vision to clients and customers.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top