Senior Executive - Finance and Taxation
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting with 8 - 9 years of experience in the field of accounting, finance, taxation for an organization with a size of ~ 1,600 members or Chartered Accountant with minimum 3-4 years of experience
- Overall understanding of accounting fundamentals, exposure to management reporting systems and maturity to handle various audits.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting and corporate finance principles and procedures; legislation and regulations of the field
- Attention to detail and ability to deal sensitively with confidential materials
- Openness to feedback and high integrity
- Strong organizational and time management skills, prioritization abilities, ability to work under tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills and ability to problem-solve collaboratively
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to engage positively with stakeholders
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications for MIS / reporting purposes
- Flexibility to work across different shifts, if required, to support various business requirements
Who You'll Work With
You will be based in Chennai and will be part of McKinsey Business Presentation Design Services, which is part of McKinsey & Company's global support network, consisting of several globally operating teams that support our consultants from research, analytics, IT, assistant support and Presentation Design. You will also be part of Finance team and will be working closely with your colleagues to ensure accurate and efficient maintenance of all accounting-related activities for our entity.
Our teams in the Business Presentation Design support translate the findings made during the consulting process into compelling visuals, charts and presentations. In India, McKinsey Business Presentation Design Services has offices in Chennai, located in Ascendas International Techpark, and in Thiruvananthapuram's Technopark (and soon in Bangalore). With a total size of over 1200 colleagues, our teams work on a 24x7 basis and across 3-shifts.
The role will provide you with opportunities to collaborate with diverse business teams (including teams in other McKinsey entities within and outside India) as well as with members of the HR & Admin teams in our Chennai and Trivandrum locations.
What You'll Do
You will be responsible for the accurate and timely capturing, processing, analyzing and managing of our entity's accounting, financial and tax information.
You will handle the month end / year end book closure activities (both tax and management books) by following correct accounting methods, policies and principles. You will be an integral part of the team involved in the coordination and completion of audits (internal and statutory). You will be responsible for company law matters and will help in enhancing our overall financial controls by preparing and developing financial and operational reports. You will play a major part in preparation of annual budget and detailed analysis of the results.
Your role is critical in upholding the company's reputation by ensuring compliance with various legislations. Your responsibilities require that you are up to date with the current taxation system (direct/indirect tax laws including those impacting compensation and benefits) and stay on top of relevant changes to these requirements at all times.
It is important that you know that you are a representative of the firm and safeguard our interests by ensuring compliance with various audit/inspection requirements (including those conducted by the government agencies).
You will be the face of the organization while representing the finance function in handling various audits, assessment proceedings and inspections by government authorities and external service providers. You will engage in activities that will not only help you in building your functional skills but also task and time management skills. Above all, your role and responsibilities provide a fantastic opportunity to learn and live by McKinsey's culture: respect for other colleagues, managing personnel and organization information in a sensitive and highly confidential manner, and maintaining highest standards of professional etiquette and customer service.
You can further expand your role by being part of various local, national and global projects and initiatives in the finance function to continuously improve our efficiency and service levels. You will be able to network, learn new skills in the process and receive periodic coaching, feedback as well as learning through firm provided training programs.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top