Senior Director of Information Security - New Ventures Technology
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent discipline; Advanced degree preferred
- 12+ years of experience in information/cyber security or related discipline
- Background as a cloud security architect or engineer highly preferred
- Experience designing and implementing cloud-based security technologies including but not limited to: data loss prevention, SDN, log management and alerting, and vulnerability scanners.
- Expert level experience with cloud security, platforms and services
- Ability to understand business drivers and integrate these requirements into overall security and design
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to influence senior business and IT executives on tech decisions and clearly communicate technical challenges to non-technical people.
- Outstanding technical knowledge in security-related technologies, particularly in cloud and IaaS environments
- Very strong understanding of networking concepts with an emphasis on security related technologies;
- Ability to identify gaps in security infrastructure and solutions and provide thought leadership in the development of appropriate technical solutions
- Strong dev-ops/continuous delivery and automation expertise
- Strong understanding of industry best practices
- Excellent leadership skills and enjoys teaching / mentoring others
- Ability to work under pressure, manage client expectations effectively and not get overwhelmed by pressure on team
Who You'll Work With
You will join us in New York, Chicago or San Francisco as part of the New Ventures Technology Leadership team. You will be a core member of New Ventures Technology team, reporting to the CTO.
New Ventures fosters innovation driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile and social by developing new products/services and integrating them into our client work. It is helping to shift our model toward asset-based consulting and is a foundation for – and expands our investment in – our entrepreneurial culture. Through innovative software as a service solutions, strategic acquisitions, and a vibrant ecosystem of alliances, we are redefining what it means to work with McKinsey.
As one of the fastest-growing parts of our firm, New Ventures has more than 1,500 dedicated professionals (including more than 800 analysts and data scientists) and we're hiring more mathematicians, data scientists, designers, software engineers, product managers, client development managers and general managers.
What You'll Do
You will be responsible for implementing an information security program that fully meets firm and client expectations, policies, and standards.
This includes defining and implementing the technical security architecture, maintaining accountability for the operational execution and ensuring security practices are maintained in solutions. You will plan, establish and maintain a cyber security team to implement and maintain an appropriate information security program in coordination with the New Ventures Technology team and the firm's global cyber security team.
In this role you will be tasked with anticipating security issues and actively working to prevent them from occurring. You will be seen as the security expert for all New Ventures technology, managing the risks and identifying opportunities for improvement. You will work closely with leadership to ensure that security systems are working smoothly to reduce operational risk. You will be accountable for adhering to McKinsey policies and meeting/exceeding current standards.
Your responsibilities will range from shaping and implementing strategic products to ensuring that McKinsey's craft stays on the leading edge of technology.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top