Senior DevOps Engineer, Launch SRE - Technical Operations, New Ventures
- 6 - 8 years of experience in IT, preferably in client-server virtual systems engineering and architecture with a focus on security and high availability
- 3+ years of experience with DevOps practices and toolset (e.g.,Bash, Python, Terraform, Ansible, Packer,PowerShell , GitHubEn, Lambda, CodeDeploy, CircleCI, Vault, Jenkins/Travis, CI/CD delivery models)
- 3+ years of experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience with Azure or Google Cloud is a plus
- Experience with AWS (e.g., VPC, ELB, RDS, S3, Route53, Auto-Scaling, User Data Analytics a plus (Redshift, EMR, etc.)
- 3+ years of experience managing Linux based platforms
- 2+ years of experience with containerization platforms
- Kubernetes or other orchestration product (Docker, Helm, Quay)
- Experience in automation of provisioning, quality controls, security auditingand maintenance
- Experience with Networking, SSL, load balancing, WAFs, SMTP, DNS
- Experience working in Agile teams
- Knowledge of data platforms (ETL) and distributed computation platforms
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Who You'll Work With
You will work within our Technical Operations team, which is part of McKinsey's New Ventures. In this role you will collaborate with product and project managers, developers and technical operation firm members.
McKinsey New Ventures fosters innovation driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile and social by developing new products/services and integrating them into our client work. It is helping to shift our model toward asset-based consulting and is a foundation for –and expands our investment in –our entrepreneurial culture. Through innovative software as a service solutions, strategic acquisitions, and a vibrant ecosystem of alliances, we are redefining what it means to work with McKinsey.
As one of the fastest-growing parts of our firm, New Ventures has more than 1,500 dedicated professionals (including more than 800 analysts and data scientists) and we're hiring more mathematicians, data scientists, designers, software engineers, product managers, client development managers and general managers.
What You'll Do
You will work in small teams in a highly collaborative way, use the latest technologies, and enjoy seeing the direct impact from your work.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you'll combine 'Agile' with expertise in cloud, big data and mobile to create and maintain custom solutions that help clients increase productivity and make timely decisions. You will design, develop and implement IT cloud-based solutions, systems and processes. You will advance engineering by architecting design to ensure HA/FT standard.
Additionally, you will automate provisioning, quality controls, security auditing and maintenance. In order to be successful in this role, you will stay current on technology trends and be able to make recommendations to improve deployment models and processes. Serving as an expert in your field, you will train and perform knowledge transfer sessions to second and first level support. You will document technical deployments and solutions for support team transitions. Finally, you will provide Level 3 cloud platform and solution support.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top