Senior DevOps Engineer
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field (Master's preferred)
- 3 to 5 years of work experience
- Experience setting up and managing continuous integration or continuous development
- Depth of knowledge, including real world application, in one or more of the following: Python, Scala, Spark.
- Experience with AWS (Azure and Google are a plus), and Chef, Puppet, Ansible or similar provisioning tools required.
- Familiarity with setting up Vagrant or Docker
- Experience with and interest in web (systems) security
Who You'll Work With
You'll work in our Boston, MA, WeWork office as part of QuantumBlack (a McKinsey & Co. subsidiary).
Our team is a small startup within McKinsey that is focused on building next generation global analytics cloud platform for use by our consultants and clients. You'll be part of our energetic, enthusiastic, tight-knit team in, WeWork South Station. Our location is close to the innovation hub of Boston and we often attend tech meetups, hack fests, contribute to open source in major tech communities across Boston, NYC, San Fran and London (where QuantumBlack headquarters are located).
We work hard and challenge each other all while having a great time. We also make sure to support one another regardless of what role we are in. We don't believe in hierarchies - just team work and results we can be proud of.
What You'll Do
You will help to create a best in class automated cloud deployment engine built on excellent quality assessment and continuous integration principles.
You'll have the opportunity to gain new skills and build on the strengths you bring to the firm. We have a high bar for security, compliance and reliability to meet for all of our clients and need someone who can build our systems accordingly.
On the AWS production system, this will involve working with Amazon to understand security best practices in a number of industries (healthcare, defense, consumer goods), help select tools to manage and enforce this security, and create the scripts to run them. High quality code can only be built with the help of strong test framework within a CI environment and supporting tools.
You will help build out such an environment as well as any other supporting tools needed to deliver a system and meets our quality requirements.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top