Senior Developer - Healthcare Analytics
- Bachelor's degree in IT, Computer Science, Information Systems, Math, Engineering or related discipline; Master's degree is a plus
- 5-8 years of experience in the field of Hadoop support, ETL, IT development and/or data analysis domains
- Knowledge of Linux
- Hadoop developer/administration certification and strong understanding of Hadoop, Java, Scalis a plus
- Experience in the healthcare industry either payer or provider focused is a plus
- Knowledge and experience using the Hadoop ecosystem (Hive, HBase, Sqoop, Ambari, Hue), Hortonworks distribution highly desired
- Relational database knowledge and experience, MS Sql Server highly desired. Including temporary tables, stored procedures, triggers, indexes, and performance considerations
- Knowledge and experience utilizing automated deployment and configuration tools such as: Ansible, Chef, Puppet
- Experience using tools such as Apache Spark and/or Python is desired but not required
- Excellent time management skills (on time, within estimated workload, according to scope, and with flexibility when required)
- Strong interpersonal skills (assertiveness, not afraid to challenge constructively, fast learner, client oriented, respect of commitments, etc.)
- Ability to act autonomously, bring structure and organization to work
- Sound problem-solving skills
- Creative and action-oriented mindset
- Able to travel for working sessions and meetings occasionally
Who You'll Work With
You'll work with our Healthcare Analytics group in Gurgaon. Healthcare Analytics is part of McKinsey Solutions and McKinsey's New Ventures.
Our Healthcare Analytics group leverages a big-data analytics platform that includes 100 terabytes of integrated claim, encounter, clinical, consumer, and other data. The team consists of 100 dedicated experts and 250affiliated professionals with industry, advanced analytics, statistics, clinical, and software expertise, all of whom work to design, deliver, and operate advanced analytic tools to help healthcare clients around the world.
McKinsey New Ventures fosters innovation driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile and social by developing new products/services and integrating them into our client work. It is helping to shift our model toward asset-based consulting and is a foundation for –and expands our investment in –our entrepreneurial culture. Through innovative software as a service solutions, strategic acquisitions, and a vibrant ecosystem of alliances, we are redefining what it means to work with McKinsey.
As one of the fastest-growing parts of our firm, New Ventures has more than 1,500 dedicated professionals (including more than 800 analysts and data scientists) and we're hiring more mathematicians, data scientists, designers, software engineers, product managers, client development managers and general managers.
What You'll Do
You will work closely with business users to translate ideas into functioning code and provide analytic insights to help clients make optimal decisions.
As a junior technology analyst, you will leverage your AWS, Hadoop and SQL experience and to write big data queries and monitor the environment. You will provision, install, and configure servers on AWS (not only Hadoop). You'll monitor and maintain MHA Hadoop cluster on AWS and you'll advise existing technology team members on best practices for migrating existing SQL Server processes in Hadoop/Hive.
You should be able to work with minimal guidance and take appropriate action to resolve issues. You'll monitor and manage your assignments and backlog in Jira. You'll also regularly participate in worldwide MHA technology trainings, learning, and collaboration activities to expand your knowledge and build your skills.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top