Senior Data Scientist - Operations
- 5+ years of deep technical experience in predictive analytics, deep learning, machine learning, optimization in an Operations related field - Supply Chain, Procurement, Manufacturing, Customer Experience
- Fluent in a number of the following technologies: R, Python, SQL, etc.
- Advanced degree in Operations Research, Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Math, or related quantitative field
- Strong intrinsic problem-solving skills, ability to structure and solve problems and conduct and interpret analysis independently, with demonstrated analytic and quantitative skills
- Skills to communicate complex ideas effectively
- Willingness to travel up to 80%
Who You'll Work With
At McKinsey, you can build a career out of making things happen! We assist our clients in solving the world's toughest problems, by blending strategic thinking with hands-on practicality. Our team of consultants and experts work to develop and implement strategies that solve our clients' most critical problems on a global scale.
In this role, you'll work with Operations Analytics in Boston, Chicago, or Silicon Valley. We work with clients to identify where to focus, convert data and models into actionable insights, and develop institutional skills and structures to sustain impact. We use advanced analytics not only to improve the design of physical systems but also to address management infrastructures and employees' attitudes and behaviors so that clients are able to lead change independently.
What You'll Do
As a Data Scientist, you will shape the future of what data-driven organizations look like, drive processes for extracting and using that data in creative ways, and create new lines of thinking within an infinite number of clients and situations.
You will create valuable, transformative business strategies through the measurement, manipulation, reporting and dissemination of broad sets of data. You will apply and advise on state-of-the-art advanced analytic and quantitative tools and modeling techniques in order to derive business insights, solve complex business problems and improve decisions across a wide variety of industries and functions. In this exciting collaborative culture, not only will you have the opportunity to work directly with clients, you will also share your expertise and insights with colleagues globally, thereby expanding our knowledge and refining our approaches in the field of Operations Analytics.
Back to top