Senior Data Scientist - McKinsey Analytics
- Advanced degree in Operations Research, Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Physics, Quantitative social sciences or related field
- 5+ years of working experience in statistical modelling and/or machine learning
- 3+ years of deep technical experience in predictive analytics, machine learning, optimization, and fluent in a number of the following technologies: R, Python, SQL, MATLAB, SAS, Java, Spark, Scala, AWS, Tableau
- Strong intrinsic problem-solving skills, ability to structure and solve problems and conduct and interpret analysis independently, with demonstrated analytic and quantitative skills
- Experience in leading teams and mentoring others
- Project management skills and entrepreneurial drive
- Strong presentation and communication skills and ability to explain complex analytical concepts to people from other fields
- Business level fluency in English is mandatory, Dutch and French language skills are an asset
- Willingness to travel up to 80% of the time
Who You'll Work With
You will be based in Amsterdam and will be part of the McKinsey Analytics Northern Europe team, serving clients mostly from Northern Europe but also globally.
McKinsey Analytics works together with clients to build analytics-driven organizations. We combine the latest techniques with deep industry, functional, and analytics expertise to help clients capture the most value from data.
What You'll Do
You will apply data science methods to improve and optimize our clients performance needs, capture meaningful insights from data and turn them into competitive advantages.
You will drive the creation of statistical models to solve specific operational problems. These problems may include: How can we predict equipment failure to do proactive maintenance for wind turbines? How can we use machine learning to predict consumer behavior? In solving these problems, you will have access to proprietary feature engineering AI and teams of world-leading experts in the domain you are working on.
You will be in the room, often with the senior management, working side by side with talented data scientists from leading client organizations both on technical issues and on making the change happen.
Back to top