Senior Data Scientist - Advanced Analytics
- MS in Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Math, Quantitative social sciences or related field
- 5+ years of deep technical experience in distributed computing, machine learning, and statistics related work
- Programming experience with R, Python, C/C++, and/or Java
- Proficiency in statistical data analysis and data mining packages SAS, SPSS, MatLab, R, STATA, Excel, etc.
- Proven comfort and an intellectual curiosity for working with very large sets of data
- Strong entrepreneurship required; self-starter, high-energy individual with ability to tailor and execute on own plan to reach objective
- High end, consultative client development skills for professional services and business impact by developing new ways of serving clients
- Excellent leadership skills and enjoys teaching/mentoring others
- Strong communication skills, especially around breaking down complex structures into digestible and relevant points for a diverse set of clients and colleagues at all levels
- Critical thinking and creative problem solving skills
- Ability to influence and work in teams
- Resourceful, tenacious, independent thought leader
- A strong desire to learn and develop within a dynamic, self-led organization
Who You'll Work With
You'll work with our Analytics group in São Paulo, Brazil.
As a member of McKinsey Analytics, you will be responsible for blending strategic thinking with the latest tools and technologies, advising on developing and defining strategies and solutions to help our clients around Latin America to solve their most critical problems. By applying advanced analytics to address challenges across different areas, we help our clients gain significant, sustained improvements in performance. We work with clients to identify where to focus, convert data and models into actionable insights, and develop institutional skills and structures to sustain impact. We use advanced analytics not only to improve the design of physical systems but also to address management infrastructures and employees' attitudes and behaviors so that clients are able to lead change independently.
What You'll Do
You'll focus on three broad areas of responsibility, including analytics, client service support and development, and knowledge transfer and practice development.
You'll create valuable, transformative business strategies through the measurement, manipulation, reporting and dissemination of broad sets of data. You'll also apply and advise on state-of-the-art advanced analytic and quantitative tools and modeling techniques in order to derive business insights, solve complex business problems and improve decisions. You'll review, support and advise on the day-to-day analytics requirements of clients' key operational processes while continually improving the impact of these processes, and you'll continually explore innovative analytical techniques, processes, tools, etc. to better serve clients and to be a thought leader in the industry.
As a core member of the consulting team, you'll conduct deep analytics on a broad set of client and external data and you'll have a lead role in team problem solving through findings and insights from analysis. You'll create value for clients by understanding their needs and translating them into optimal desired analytical services and you'll be a leader in overseeing analytics process and data integration between clients and McKinsey.
Furthermore, you'll lead and support the development of knowledge for our firm's analytic group. You'll create a roadmap for a greater understanding of analytics and its impact in the consulting population and you'll partner with Data Engineers to ensure timely and effective methods of the extraction, assembly and transfer of broad, complex sets of data.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top