Senior Data Scientist
- 5+ years of working experience in statistical modelling and/or machine learning
- MSc or PhD degree in the field of Computer Science, Machine Learning, Applied Statistics, Econometrics, Mathematics
- Experience in applying data science methods to business problems
- Advanced programming skills in at least two of the following languages: R or Python, MATLAB, SAS, Java, Git, Spark, Scala
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Ability to explain complex analytical concepts to people from other fields
- Experience in leading teams and mentoring others
- Project management skills
- Business level fluency in English and Swedish
Who You'll Work With
You'll work in Stockholm as part of McKinsey Analytics. McKinsey Analytics works together with clients to build analytics-driven organizations. We combine the latest techniques with deep industry, functional, and analytics expertise to help clients capture the most value from data.
You'll join a global team of more than 1000 experts in machine learning, big data architecture and AI. We help governments, businesses and NGOs actually make change happen through partnering with their top data scientists and business leaders to solve the most pressing issues.
On a daily basis, you can expect working in agile cross-functional teams of consultants, data scientists, data architects and leaders from our clients – but also connecting with McKinseys global expertise on the particular problem you are solving.
What You'll Do
You will usually be driving the creation of statistical models to solve specific operational problems, such as: How can we predict equipment failure to do proactive maintenance for wind turbines? How can we use machine learning to predict consumer behavior? In solving these problems, you will have access to proprietary feature engineering AI and teams of world-leading experts in the domain you are working on.
At McKinsey you will not be a small piece of a big puzzle. You will be in the room, often with the senior management, working side by side with talented data scientists from leading client organizations both on technical issues and on making the change happen. We hope that you are as excited as us about the opportunities that analytics creates in all aspects of business and society and that you would like to join Stockholm analytics team to be a part of that change.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top