Senior Data Architect
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science with Mathematics and Statistics or equivalent subject, Masters preferred
- Minimum of 12-18 years of experience in software development
- Experienced on Big Data platform like Hadoop, hbase, CouchDB, hive, Pig etc
- Worked with TeraData, Oracle, MySQL, Informatica, Tableu, QlikView or similar reporting and BI packages
- Used SQL, PL/SQL and similar languages, UNIX shell scripting
- Experienced with data modeling, design patterns, building highly scalable and secured solutions
- Knowledge of agile software development process
- Familiarity with performance metric tools
- 5+ years software/technology client facing experience preferred
- Experience with "on-premise to cloud" migrations or IT transformations preferred
- Experience in architecture/operating solutions build on MS Azure, IBM Cloud, Salesforce, etc. preferred
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with a high degree of comfort in speaking with senior executives at large companies
- Demonstrate high learning agility
- Open to up to 50% travel when needed
Who You'll Work With
You'll work in our Bangalore office as part of Digital McKinsey.
Digital McKinsey brings together the best of McKinsey's digital capabilities—drawing from our Business Technology Office, McKinsey Digital Labs, and our digital functions and combining them in one cohesive organization. Digital McKinsey not only advises but also builds, operates, and transfers capabilities to help our clients use digital technology to transform their businesses. Our Digital practice focuses on building cutting-edge applications utilizing the latest in technology frameworks & platforms, creating the foundation for rapid and cost-effective implementation of systems that delivers maximum impact from day one.
What You'll Do
You will work as Data Architect to serve large global companies in building secure, scalable cloud architectures.
You will be responsible for designing mission critical digital solutions on cloud including analytics and big data solutions. You will also play key role in counseling clients and, knowledge and practice development.
You'll design cloud-based architectures to build and scale digital solutions including statistical data analyses, data mining, BI, Data warehouse and optimization and you'll build BI and reporting solutions including Data warehousing, Data modeling, ETL etc. You'll leverage your skills in performing statistical data analyses, data mining & optimizations using multiple tools and technology on large complex data sets, and you'll be expected to easily understand the complex algorithm and logic to process data.
Additionally, you'll embrace the agile software development environment and provide self-serve analytical solutions to users to analyse medium to large datasets and run mathematical models without need of IT resources. You'll be a practitioner of statistical data quality procedures or test driven approach for quality assurance, you'll develop software ensuring proper data quality controls at all levels, and you'll work with large volumes of data, well versed with performance tuning and able to optimize the application at all of its layers.
Furthermore, you'll help clients migrate to cloud by providing strategic direction, designing and driving architecture and implementation plans and you'll implement robust security measures. You'll have the opportunity to be a technology thought leader with McKinsey and client teams and you'll lead technical design workshops to co-create solutions and architectures with clients. You'll also need to visualize and report data findings creatively in a variety of formats to various stakeholders.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top