Senior Data Analyst - Wave, New Ventures
- Bachelors/Master degree in technical field (M-Tech/B-Tech/MCA) with top scores/ranking from top and reputed colleges
- At least 6-8 years of hands-on experience in IT field with expert level skills in Excel and VBA development field
- IT savvy in the field of data manipulation (power user in Excel/Access, VBA/Macro writing abilities, etc.)
- Structured communication skills ( written & oral) in English
- Ownership mindset( owning up responsibilities end to end)
- Entrepreneurial, collaborative and action-oriented mindset
- Sound problem-solving and initiative taking skills
- Be able to cope with pressure and demonstrate a reasonable level of flexibility/adaptability
- Track record of completing projects successfully (on time, within budget and as per scope)
- Strong interpersonal skills (fast learner, assertiveness, etc.)
- Willingness to travel for working sessions with Service Line, CST and Client representatives
- Knowledge about SQL will be a strong plus
Who You'll Work With
You'll work in Gurgaon as part of Wave, one of our fastest growing McKinsey Solutions and a part of McKinsey's New Ventures.
Wave equips clients to successfully manage improvement programs and transformations. Focused on business impact, Wave allows clients to track the impact of individual initiatives and understand how they affect longer term goals. Its mix of an intuitive interface and McKinsey business expertise givens clients a simple and insightful picture of what can otherwise be a complex process by allowing them to track the progress and performance of initiatives against business goals, budget, and timeframes.
New Ventures is a recently formed part of McKinsey focused on fostering innovations driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile, social and other technologies and integrating them into our client work. It is a foundation for—and expands our investment in—our entrepreneurial culture.
McKinsey Solutions is a core part of New Ventures and offers practical tools that help people at all levels of an organization generate insights they need to address both strategic and day-to-day decisions. These solutions complement McKinsey's traditional client service and are delivered in many ways, including subscriptions, workshops, training programs and project-based engagements. We work closely with clients to embed our tools, analytics and expertise, and provide on-going support to help them build the capabilities they need to revolutionize how decisions are made.
What You'll Do
You will closely work with our Project Managers to create and deliver custom analytical reports for any of our solutions.
You will be required to technically lead VBA development projects, which includes designing the VBA solution, creating WBS and working in critical aspects of the project. You'll also be the go-to person for any Excel/VBA related queries and you'll help to define standards for Excel/VBA development. You will collaborate closely with global Wave Solution Delivery teams, client service teams and sometimes with our end clients to provide the desired solution.
Back to top