Senior Data Analyst - Tableau - Periscope
- Bachelor's degree; Master's degree is a plus
- 6+ years of professional work experience with a reputed analytics or consulting firm
- Expertise and rich hands on experience on Tableau Tools (Desktop and Server)
- Advanced knowledge of creating complex Tableau charts and dashboards using actions and filters.
- Experience in working with Tableau Extracts, Table Calculations, Statistical Functions, LOD Expressions
- Understanding of Tableau APIs (Data Extract API, Rest API etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of handling large datasets and performance optimisation in Tableau
- Good understanding of Data-warehousing concepts, SQL and ETL Tools like SSIS and Alteryx
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to disaggregate issues, identify root causes and recommend solutions
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver on tight deadlines
- Ability to interact in a fluid, demanding and unstructured environment
- Comfortable with ambiguity; self-motivated with strong sense of ownership
- Ability to act autonomously, bringing structure and organisation to work
- Ability to travel for working sessions and meetings with Service Management team
Who You'll Work With
You'll work with our Periscope team in Gurgaon. Periscope is part of McKinsey Solutions and McKinsey's New Ventures.
Founded in 2007, Periscope enables better commercial decisions by uncovering actionable insights. The Periscope platform combines world leading intellectual property, prescriptive analytics, and cloud based tools More than 25 solutions focused on insights, marketing, with expert support and training. It is a unique combination that drives revenue growth both now and in the future. Customer experience, performance, pricing, category, and sales optimization are powered by the Periscope platform. Periscope has a presence in 26 locations across 16 countries with a team of 350+ IT and business professionals and a network of 300+ experts. To learn more about how Periscope's solutions and experts are helping businesses continually drive better performance, visit http://www.periscope-solutions.com/
New Ventures fosters innovation driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile and social by developing new products/services and integrating them into our client work. It is helping to shift our model toward asset-based consulting and is a foundation for – and expands our investment in – our entrepreneurial culture. Through innovative software as a service solutions, strategic acquisitions, and a vibrant ecosystem of alliances, we are redefining what it means to work with McKinsey.
As one of the fastest-growing parts of our firm, New Ventures has more than 1,000 dedicated professionals (including more than 800 analysts and data scientists) and we're hiring more mathematicians, data scientists, designers, software engineers, product managers, client development managers and general managers.
What You'll Do
You will work within the Tableau Center of Excellence team to perform data transformation & preparation, build complex Tableau Visualisations, troubleshoot workbook related performance issues and configure workbooks.
You will develop, design and support interactive and complex Tableau based dashboards and workbooks. You will also translate business requirements into sustainable and efficient visualizations. You will closely monitor and check the accuracy and completeness of data in Tableau. You will create reports and set standards to best scale and leverage Tableau. You will define Tableau roadmaps, security guidelines and architecture for complex enterprise systems.
You will do data extraction and data manipulation from source systems using SQL and other platforms/languages. You will need to have an understanding of the business requirements and the ability to transform them into technical specifications. You will develop a deep understanding of the domain/function (across pricing, promotions, trade architecture and assortment) and manage business processes in the work area.
You will develop cross-site relationships to enhance idea generation and manage partner expectations. You will provide coaching and mentoring to new hires by sharing business, functional and technical expertise. You will collaborate with the team in designing, testing and executing project requests and support ongoing business processes by delivering high-quality end products on time and performing quality checks wherever required.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top