Senior Consultant/Manager Banking - Credit Risk - Brussels
- Master degree or PhD in a quantitative field such as Financial Engineering, Applied Finance/Statistics/ Mathematics, Computational Finance;
- 5-8 years of relevant consulting experience ( ext/int ) combining risk management and quantitative modelling in the financial services(preferably within the banking sector).;
- An experience in the modelling or validation of Cash Flow models , as well as in the field of prudential regulations is an important asset;
- Showing interest in the testing, development and/or validation processes used banking risk models;
- Fluency with analytical software packages such as SAS, MATLAB, C++,R, VBA;
- Good general awareness of the full range of risks in financial services (both financial and nonfinancial) that make capable of understanding and analyzing their combined impact on an entire organization;
- Excellent analytical and synthesis sense and high level of autonomy (e.g. expertise at level of being able to interpret test results against benchmarks, make most of the calls on where to focus on)
- Flexibility: multitasking, adapting to rapidly changing client contexts and managing time appropriately, being able of working under pressure with tight deadlines keeping discipline to deliver qualitative outputs, readiness to travel;
- Capacity of building strong relationships with both colleagues and clients, bringing a positive and constructive mind and team spirit;
Who You'll Work With
You'll work in the Brussels office as part of McKinsey's Risk Dynamics group.
Risk Dynamics serves clients globally from their main office in Brussels and additional offices in London and Waltham (Boston area). Typical work on projects is carried out in-house with travel to client sites for meetings and presentations. This allows project teams to benefit directly from in-house knowledge and support when needed. Occasionally, and upon a client's request, work on projects is carried out at the client site (Europe, North America, Australia).
On February 1, 2016, Risk Dynamics was acquired by McKinsey & Company. This acquisition reflects our joint commitment to be a global leader in model risk management, model validation and model advisory support for the Financial Services sector. Risk Dynamics is a specialized consulting firm conducting in depth assessment of all risk-related measures used in the Financial Industry for banks, insurance firms, asset managers and infrastructure players. These assessments require rigorous understanding of underlying modeling techniques as well as of the business context in which those models are being used. We are therefore looking for candidates who can establish connections between sophisticated modeling techniques and strategic decision-making processes. We have a global client base and you will be exposed to a highly international environment.
What You'll Do
As an integral part of the Risk Dynamics organization, you'll work closely with your colleagues, help clients validate or optimize their models across a variety of risk scenarios, and enhance Risk Dynamics' model validation and optimization methodologies and guidelines.
Additionally you should understand and take into account client expectations, constraints and dependencies, define autonomously work plan and anticipate potential blocking factors.
We would like you to produce and present high quality deliverables and contribute to business development initiatives (roundtables, events, conferences, client meetings), also as to contribute to the drafting of proposals (partial contribution). You will prepare and give high quality reports and presentations and contribute to the packaging of methodologies based on field work experience and/or the development of thoughtful leadership documents.
You will also be expected to build strong client relationships and, when needed, appropriately challenging client practices, formulating clear, logical and succinct written reports to highlight core client capabilities, potential risk estimation vulnerabilities and development opportunities, identifying alternative approaches to potentially improve the client's capabilities and operating efficiency and developing strong, constructive and collaborative working relationships across the Risk Dynamics organization.
Each one at Risk Dynamics strives to meet client expectations and to further develop their client's understanding of specific market "hot topics" in risk management
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top