Senior Consultant - Life Actuary Insurance, Risk Dynamics
- Master's degree in Actuarial Sciences required; additional academic degree in quantitative area such as Applied Mathematics, Applied Statistics is an advantage
- 6+ years of industry experience in risk management, quantitative modelling, and /or auditing in life insurance
- A combination of in-company and consulting experience would be ideal, though candidates with relevant experience in only consulting or insurance industry will also be considered
- 1 to 2 years capital modelling and/or model validation experience in life insurance
- Proven experience with Life insurance products, Solvency, Capital Modelling
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of actuarial techniques and risk measures for life insurance activities
- Knowledge of other risk types and or affinity with non-Life Insurance is an advantage
- Be familiar with the testing, development and/or validation processes for life insurance risk models
- Proficiency in quantitative software like R, MatLab, C++ or SAS is requested as well as proven experience in coding in one or more of these languages
- Have a conceptual mind-set and be capable of analyzing a client's business context, risk management needs and risk projection capabilities
- Demonstrate strong communication and influencing skills with all levels of seniority
- Possess fluent oral and written English; fluency in additional languages is welcomed
Who You'll Work With
You'll be based in Brussels, as a part of Risk Dynamics ((a McKinsey company) and you'll primarily be focused on projects in Belgium with occasional international travel.
Since 2004 Risk Dynamics has built an international reputation for independent model validation. We work with banks, insurers, asset managers and financial market intermediaries seeking an unbiased, technical assessment of their modelling and risk management capabilities. In 2016, Risk Dynamics became part of McKinsey & Company. This acquisition reflects a joint commitment to becoming a global leader in model validation, model risk management and model advisory support for the financial services sector. This has been followed by the establishment of a US hub and expansion of Risk Dynamics in India.
Risk Dynamics serves clients globally from their main office in Brussels and additional offices in London and Waltham (Boston area). Typical work on projects is carried out in-house with travel to client sites for meetings and presentations. This allows project teams to benefit directly from in-house knowledge and support when needed. Occasionally, and upon a client's request, work on projects is carried out at the client site (Europe, North America, Australia).
What You'll Do
You will be responsible for performing detailed technical analysis including quantitative testing, investigation of modelling approaches and methodologies, and assessment of model risk.
You'll formulate clear, logical and succinct written reports to highlight core client capabilities, potential risk estimation vulnerabilities and development opportunities. You will also be expected to define work plans that respond to the client's identified needs and anticipate potential issues, maintaining our high standards for quality, timely delivery and cost control. You'll also have the opportunity to coach and develop team members within our collegiate and collaborative environment.
You'll maintain your regulatory knowledge to ensure an up-to-date understanding of relevant requirements and performing broader research, and you'll participate in knowledge development and thought leadership including writing white papers and blogs in conjunction with RD's wider knowledge community. In this role you will have the opportunity of supporting business development initiatives including developing proposals, attending client meetings and supporting round table events and conferences and contributing to the constructive and collaborative working relationships across Risk Dynamics.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top