Senior Client Analyst - PriceMetrix
- University degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of data analysis experience exploring big data with the express purpose of deriving insightful, marketable output
- Specialized expertise in multivariate data analysis, applying valid statistical methods to test hypotheses and discover patterns and predictors
- Ability to generate both explanatory as well as predictive models using time-series data
- Solid technical proficiency, including experience with relational database environments, and with high powered, industry standard statistical analysis engines such as SAS, R, Python, etc.
- Experience with financial data
- Experience managing large-scale quantitative research projects
- Proven ability to generate and gather hypotheses, and the willingness to push boundaries on traditional frameworks and beliefs
- Ability to break down analytic output into digestible product ideas, advisory projects and in the form of concise and insightful communications
- Ability to manage many projects simultaneously and meet deadlines within a high energy, fast paced and evolving environment
Who You'll Work With
You'll work with the PriceMetrix R&D team and will be based in our Toronto office. PriceMetrix is part of McKinsey Solutions and McKinsey's New Ventures.
The PriceMetrix R&D team is small and agile and you'll collaborate with very smart, fun and driven team members. The PriceMetrix platform uses analytics and industry benchmarking to help financial advisors and their firms better serve their clients and grow their businesses. As part of McKinsey & Company New Ventures, PriceMetrix is the first choice in practice management software for North American wealth managers. Our solutions use analytics and industry bench-marking to help advisers and their firms better serve their clients and grow their businesses.
McKinsey New Ventures fosters innovation driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile and social by developing new products/services and integrating them into our client work. It is helping to shift our model toward asset-based consulting and is a foundation for – and expands our investment in – our entrepreneurial culture. Through innovative software as a service solutions, strategic acquisitions, and a vibrant ecosystem of alliances, we are redefining what it means to work with McKinsey.
As one of the fastest-growing parts of our firm, New Ventures has more than 1,500 dedicated professionals (including more than 800 analysts and data scientists) and we're hiring more mathematicians, data scientists, designers, software engineers, product managers, client development managers and general managers.
What You'll Do
You will be a key resource for research and future product features and will be responsible for turning data into insights.
The role of the Senior Client Analyst will be demanding, highly numerate, thoughtful and detail-oriented. You will support PriceMetrix by extracting data from our databases, analyzing it and turning it into useful solutions and storylines. You will develop and curate hypotheses, and develop ideas for structured analysis, in line with market interests, as well as prepare data for, and execute analyses using sound statistical methods and data modeling techniques.
You will work with colleagues the Client Analytics Team to develop analysis and insights from Quarterly Business Reviews, and will support reactive business investigations. You will also collaborate with the Product Team to seed ideas, develop requirements for new data and products and new product features inspired by results of analysis.
We expect you to acquire and maintain retail wealth management industry knowledge, keeping abreast of market changes that affect current products and future analysis opportunities.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top