Senior Architect - Java, Digital McKinsey
- Fluent Japanese (Speaking, Reading & Writing), business level English
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
- Minimum of 7-10 years' experience in software development
- Experience of engineering practices such as code refactoring, design patterns, design-driven development, continuous integration, building highly scalable applications, application security
- Knowledge of Agile software development process
- Familiarity with testing frameworks such as RSpec, JUnit or Selenium
- Outstanding record of academic achievement
- Demonstrated aptitude for analytics
- Proven record of leadership in a work setting and/or through extracurricular activities
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Skills to communicate complex ideas effectively in English
Who You'll Work With
You'll work in Tokyo as part of Digital Labs and our Digital McKinsey teams more broadly.
Digital Labs combines unparalleled business knowledge with a world-class agile development process to offer distinctive support for enterprise IT enablement. Our highly skilled system architects and development managers configure software packages and build custom applications, creating the foundation for rapid and cost-effective implementation of systems that maximize value from day one.
Our development teams are small, flexible and employ agile methodologies to quickly provide our consultants with the solutions they need. We combine the latest open source technologies together with traditional Enterprise software products. Our office culture is casual, fun and social, with an emphasis on education and innovation. We have the freedom to try new ideas, experiment and are expected to be constantly learning and growing. There is also a strong emphasis on mentoring others in the group, enabling them to grow and learn.
What You'll Do
You will be a core member of the McKinsey consulting team with responsibilities that range from shaping and implementing strategic products to ensuring that our craft stays on the leading edge of technology.
We create both rapid prototypes, usually in 2 to 3 weeks, as well as full-scale applications typically within 2 to 3 months, by working collaboratively and interactively through design and development to deliver fully functioning web-based and mobile applications that meet business goals. You will contribute to the development across the technology stack, from database to native apps.
You'll also be involved in leading agile implementation and transformation projects at Fortune 500 companies.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top