Senior Analytics Expert - Journey Analytics, New Ventures
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., applied mathematics, statistics, computer science, econometrics, operations research); Master's degree in a quantitative discipline is a plus
- 6-8 years of hands on advanced analytics experience
- Professional services experience – a hands-on engagement leader
- Passion for solving big puzzles using the latest analytic tools
- Fluency in Python or R and a working knowledge of statistics
- Ability to drive exploration and draw conclusions from multiple data sources
- Willingness to travel internationally
- Experience with distributed computing (e.g., Hive, Spark) is a plus
- Experience with data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, d3.js) is a plus
Who You'll Work With
You'll work withour Journey Analytics team in Düsseldorf. Journey Analytics is part of McKinsey's New Ventures.
Journey Analytics helps business leaders answer critical questions related to customer journey mapping, digital adoption, customer experience, and multichannel acquisition among others. Through diagnostics and analytics, tracking and automatic, capability building and value capture programs, we help clients achieve tangible improvements across the customer journey
McKinsey New Ventures fosters innovation driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile and social by developing new products/services and integrating them into our client work. It is helping to shift our model toward asset-based consulting and is a foundation for –and expands our investment in –our entrepreneurial culture. Through innovative software as a service solutions, strategic acquisitions, and a vibrant ecosystem of alliances, we are redefining what it means to work with McKinsey.
As one of the fastest-growing parts of our firm, New Ventures has more than 1,500 dedicated professionals (including more than 800 analysts and data scientists) and we're hiring more mathematicians, data scientists, designers, software engineers, product managers, client development managers and general managers.
What You'll Do
You will work at the intersection of data science and traditional management consulting.
You will tackle the most challenging analytics problems faced by our clients, rotating on to new engagements roughly every 3 months. As a Senior Analytics Expert, you will be responsible for all operations, client engagements, relationships and client development across Europe. You will deliver large client projects from inception to completion.
You will work with clients and McKinsey leadership in joint problem-solving sessions. You will facilitate the definition of project goals, tasks, and resource requirements. You will lead the analytics thinking on engagements and work on the delivery of the corresponding analyses with your team (e.g., training predictive models, building smart dashboards or visualization tools). You will coach senior clients to drive sustainable impact in customer experience and operations using Journey Analytics.
In this role you will build a personal brand and reputation as an analytics expert within the firm and outside through publishing articles, attending and speaking at conferences, conducting research on the latest industry trends, and experimenting with the latest applicable analytical developments.
Lastly, you will mentor and coach junior data scientists on the team.
Back to top