Senior Analytics Expert - Journey Analytics
Innovation and excellence are at the heart of Journey Analytics; therefore, we need talented and ambitious people who inspire and deliver change. Our most successful Experts have a high level of entrepreneurship, creativity and resilience.
- BA/BS in a quantitative discipline (e.g., applied mathematics, statistics, computer science, econometrics, operations research)
- 6-8 years of hands on advanced analytics experience
- Professional services experience – a hands-on engagement leader
- Passion for solving big puzzles using the latest analytic tools
- Fluency in Python or R and a working knowledge of statistics
- Ability to drive exploration and draw conclusions from multiple data sources
- Willingness to travel internationally
- MS in a quantitative discipline (e.g., applied mathematics, statistics, computer science, econometrics, operations research)
- Experience with distributed computing (e.g., Hive, Spark)
- Experience with data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, d3.js)
Who You'll Work With
You'll be joining the forefront of customer analytics at the Firm with Journey Analytics.
We help clients across data-rich industries (e.g., financial services, pharma, retail, telco) answer the most critical questions related to their customer strategy in a digital world. This could include:
- Building deep learning models based on electronic medical record (EMR) data to help a pharmaceutical company predict which patients are most likely to develop a specific disease;
- Creating a near real-time analytics system to help a financial institution drive customers towards digital channels;
- Redesigning the entire customer experience of a major credit card issuer via a combination of analytics methods and design principles.
Journey Analytics is part of New Ventures, a recently formed part of McKinsey focused on fostering innovations driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile, social and other technologies and integrating them into our client work. New Ventures is a foundation for our entrepreneurial culture. We work closely with clients to embed our tools, analytics and expertise, and provide on-going support to help them build the capabilities they need to revolutionize how decisions are made.
What You'll Do
We work at the intersection of data science and traditional management consulting; you will need a mix of technical and soft skills to be successful.
You will tackle the most challenging analytics problems faced by our clients, rotating on to new engagements roughly every 3 months. As an Analytics Senior Expert, you will be responsible for all operations, client engagements, relationships and client development in Europe and delivering large client projects from inception to completion.
Key activities include:
- Working with your clients and McKinsey leadership in joint problem-solving sessions and facilitating the definition of project goals, tasks, and resource requirements
- Leading the analytics thinking on engagements and working hands-on on the delivery of the corresponding analyses with your team (e.g., training predictive models, building smart dashboards or visualization tools)
- Coaching senior clients to drive sustainable impact in customer experience and operations using Journey Analytics
- Building a personal brand and reputation as an analytics expert within the Firm and outside through publishing articles, attending and speaking at conferences, conducting research on the latest industry trends, and experimenting with the latest applicable analytical developments
- Mentoring & coaching junior data scientists on the team
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top