Senior Analytics Application Developer
- BS/MS in Computer Science or similar, advanced degree or 4+ years experience preferred
- Strong experience with visualization tools for the web (e.g., d3.js, Chart.js, Leaflet.js, Highcharts, etc.)
- Significant experience writing and utilizing RESTful API services and performance tuning applications
- Comprehension of code in analytics language (Python / Scala / Java / R), with interest in learning more
- Demonstrated aptitude for analytics and visualization; love of data journalism
- Proven record of leadership in a work setting and/or through extracurricular activities
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and effectively across levels in an organization
- Skills to communicate complex ideas effectively
- US Citizenship Required
Who You'll Work With
You'll work in our Waltham or New York office as part of our Public Sector Practice Analytics team, a part of McKinsey Solutions and McKinsey's New Ventures.
The Public Sector Analytics solution provides expertise for McKinsey's engagements in the public and social sectors. The team builds out analytics solutions to solve problems is five primary areas: corrections and justice operations, tax authority operations, defense and security, education and global public health. We achieve maximum client impact by integrating the best of data science into dashboards and apps to transform and sustain analytics-based ways of working.
McKinsey New Ventures fosters innovation driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile and social by developing new products/services and integrating them into our client work. It is helping to shift our model toward asset-based consulting and is a foundation for –and expands our investment in –our entrepreneurial culture. Through innovative software as a service solutions, strategic acquisitions, and a vibrant ecosystem of alliances, we are redefining what it means to work with McKinsey.
As one of the fastest-growing parts of our firm, New Ventures has more than 1,500 dedicated professionals (including more than 800 analysts and data scientists) and we're hiring more mathematicians, data scientists, designers, software engineers, product managers, client development managers and general managers.
What You'll Do
You will work in small teams in a highly collaborative way, use the latest technologies and enjoy seeing the direct impact from your work.
You will contribute to the architecture across the technology stack, from database to native apps. You will create rapid prototypes, usually in 2 to 3 weeks, as well as full-scale applications (typically within 2 to 3 months), by working collaboratively through design and development to deliver fully function web-based and mobile applications that meet business goals.
Our development teams are small, flexible and employ agile methodologies to quickly provide our consultants with the solutions they need. We combine the latest open source technologies together with traditional Enterprise software products.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top