Security Analyst - McKinsey New Ventures Technology
- Bachelor's degree in an information technology discipline or equivalent IT experience required
- 5+ years of experience in information security operations and/or related IT operational functions
- Relevant IT or security certifications including CISSP, CISM, CRISC, CEH or SANS certs are expected
- Demonstrable background in security products and technologies, security engineering, networking protocols and data center, security analysis and investigations
- Expert level understanding of malware kill chain, pervasive threat attack methods and remediation
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, coordinate and work well under pressure to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills and the ability to communicate security and risk-related concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to critically think with strong problem solving skills and a "can do" attitude
- Ability to analyze network packets and log data
- Experience with Splunk, Wireshark or other analytics tools a plus
- Experience with Symantec Endpoint Protection, Palo Alto, Panorama a plus
- Programming experience in scripting languages such as Windows PowerShell, Python, Perl, etc, highly desirable
Who You'll Work With
You will be based in our Prague, Czech Republic office and will be a part of the Security Operations Center (SOC) department, which falls under our Operations & Reliability Engineering (ORE) group. SOC members provide administration and other support related to and relevant for the security of McKinsey's IT Infrastructure.
What You'll Do
You will be responsible for implementing, monitoring and conducting forensic analysis on a multitude of security tools within heterogeneous environments in support of Security Monitoring, Forensics and Threat Intelligence.
In this role, you will perform security monitoring, investigations and perform analysis of events in order to thwart internal and external threats. Additionally, you will collaborate with the Incident Response Team to support detection, triage, containment, remediation and reporting of events/incidents while ensuring the confidentiality, integrity and availability of information assets.
You will conduct Security Monitoring activities to provide in depth visibility into potential threats that may pose risk to McKinsey. You will act as technical subject matter expert during significant security incidents.
You will review alerts from security providers and determine malicious software behaviors. You will collaborate and serve as a liaison to Managed and/or Unmanaged Security Service providers. Also, you will conduct operations surrounding cyber security incidents including network logging, forensics, security information and log search technologies.
You will analyze the weekly internal and external infrastructure scan reports to identify and segregate security vulnerabilities. You will be responsible for handling outbreak scenarios by analyzing the impact and following up with the vendor to get rapid releases to update it on workstations/servers. You will manage physical access to our data centers and Colos as well as network level access through VPN filters.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top