Revenue Cycle Management Product & Delivery Specialist - Healthcare Analytics
- Graduate degree preferred: MBA, MHA or in healthcare/medical related discipline (e.g., M.D., R.N.)
- 3-10 years of experience in a health care environment with end to end revenue cycle transformation experience, including patient access, coding, Clinical Documentation Improvement CDI, billing, A/R management, and related IT systems
- History of managing projects or programs that significantly improved revenue cycle performance (e.g., improved patient collections, reduced denial write-offs, increased accuracy of clinical documentation and coding, accelerated back-end cash collections, etc.)
- Experience leading change transformations and/or operations projects
- Strong people skills and ability to engage all levels of the organization, especially front line
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to translate analysis into recommendations
- Understanding of the principles of change management and performance metrics and dialogs
- Comfort with extensive travel (4-5 days a week)
Who You'll Work With
You'll work with the Revenue Cycle Management Domain within Healthcare Analytics and Delivery in either our Chicago, New Jersey, New York, Silicon Valley or Washington DC office. Healthcare Analytics is part of McKinsey's New Ventures.
Our Healthcare Analytics group leverages a big-data analytics platform that includes 100 terabytes of integrated claim, encounter, clinical, consumer, and other data. The team consists of 100 dedicated experts and 250 affiliated professionals with industry, advanced analytics, statistics, clinical, and software expertise, all of whom work to design, deliver, and operate advanced analytic tools to help healthcare clients around the world.
McKinsey New Ventures fosters innovation driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile and social by developing new products/services and integrating them into our client work. It is helping to shift our model toward asset-based consulting and is a foundation for –and expands our investment in –our entrepreneurial culture. Through innovative software as a service solutions, strategic acquisitions, and a vibrant ecosystem of alliances, we are redefining what it means to work with McKinsey.
As one of the fastest-growing parts of our firm, New Ventures has more than 1,500 dedicated professionals (including more than 800 analysts and data scientists) and we're hiring more mathematicians, data scientists, designers, software engineers, product managers, client development managers and general managers.
What You'll Do
You will help clients build capabilities in delivery and execution of the recommended changes within their payments and risk adjustment areas, both during an active project and continuing after our consultants have shared their recommendations.
You will work directly with client leaders and front-line operators to drive change that is critical to successful realization of goals. As such, you will provide oversight, problem-solving support and practical industry expertise, frequently involving facilitating on-site workshops, individual and group coaching, and change management sessions.
From the start of a project, you will be on the ground ensuring that engagement success is a priority. We engage at a deep level across our clients' businesses, working in small teams to build the capabilities, systems, and processes needed to deliver bottom-line results and then ensure those results are sustained. Our work is about problem solving, coaching, and delivering lasting outcomes.
Back to top