Research Analyst - Travel, Transport & Logistics
- Bachelor's degree; Master's degree is a plus
- 1-3 years of TTL or related post-undergraduate work experience
- Demonstrated research experience in an academic or business setting is preferred
- Understanding and interest in the TTL and related industries
- Natural curiosity and drive towards understanding the world around you
- Effective collaborator looking to build meaningful relationships
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and quantitative skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid understanding of financial, economic, and general business concepts and terminology
- Ability to accomplish work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Professional attitude, work standards, and service orientation
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Who You'll Work With
You'll work in our Waltham, Massachusetts office and will be a part of our Travel, Transport & Logistics (TTL) Practice.
We are a global team with over 30 analysts, specialists and experts across regions that focus on working work in several industries including airlines, airports, railroads, shipping lines, ports, trucking, hotels, car rental, cruise and post & logistics.
The TTL team is a part of our global Knowledge Network, which includes more than 1,800 knowledge professionals who work alongside consultants and clients to generate distinctive insights and proprietary knowledge.
What You'll Do
You will support our consultants and clients in the Travel, Transport & Logistics industry by collecting, summarizing, analyzing, and synthesizing information that helps solve specific business problems.
You will leverage your research skills and industry experience to be a thought-partner to client teams and clients in order to prioritize research projects. You'll identify the data, information, and analysis that will support problem-solving efforts and you'll conduct timely, cost-effective research.
Additionally, you'll synthesize findings by preparing McKinsey-formatted end-products including written memos, numerical analysis, and presentations. You'll have the opportunity to develop industry knowledge and expertise working alongside industry experts. You'll also collaborate with global TTL research team to build and share knowledge, best practices and new ideas. You will be able to codify knowledge and help support the continuous improvement of our knowledge operations and infrastructure, innovating firm knowledge and knowledge delivery through special projects.
We will help you to build your expertise, skillset and become a highly effective industry expert.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top