Research Analyst - Transactions Service Line
- Bachelor's degree
- Understanding of Corporate Finance concepts, including M&A, JV's and divestitures
- Intellectual curiosity, self-motivation, and a willingness to take ownership
- High professional and ethical standards and respect for confidentiality
- Excellent PC skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, web-based tools)
- Ability to multi-task and manage a significant workload effectively under pressure
- Ability to work well independently and to manage own projects
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with all tenure levels
- Possesses high energy 'can do' attitude and a proactive approach to practice and team support
- Ability to strike the right balance between being flexible enough to deal with a rapidly changing knowledge management environment and being firm about maintaining consistency where necessary.
- Sophisticated English language communication skills, particularly in written communications
Who You'll Work With
You'll work in our North American Knowledge Center in Waltham, MA as part of the Global Transactions Service Line within our Corporate Finance Practice.
Our Strategy and Corporate Finance Practice aspires to be an architect of long-term value for our clients by helping develop and execute corporate strategies and initiate and shape value-creating transactions. The Corporate Finance (CF) Practice, within the broader Strategy & Corporate Finance Practice, provides pre-eminent, independent advice on finance and value creation. The CF Practice works with international clients across two broad areas: Transactions Service Line and Finance Service Line.
The Transactions service line is dedicated to helping our clients achieve superior results with their buy-side (merger and acquisition), sell-side (divestiture, spin-off, IPO) and partnership (joint venture and alliance) activities. We also provide support for clients who want to develop their own transactions capabilities. In addition to working closely with Strategy colleagues to ensure that clients' transactions activities align with their overall growth strategy, we also work closely with colleagues in the Merger Management service line within the Organization practice.
What You'll Do
You will support the Transactions Service Line Manager (SLM) and practice leadership in a research and knowledge management capacity.
You will be expected to handle short and medium-term research requests related to mergers and acquisitions (M&A), joint ventures (JVs) / alliances, divestitures, due diligence, privatizations, and initial public offerings. You will provide our consultants with access to the vast array of available firm knowledge and will serve as a central point of contact for key proprietary databases. You will ensure that leadership has a complete perspective on the active client pipeline and recent client engagements.
You will have the opportunity to work directly with client teams, practice leadership and Transactions-dedicated experts and analysts. You be a dedicated knowledge lead for Transactions, working with consultants on analytical support, document inquires and subject matter expert requests.
You'll maintain and develop databases related to Knowledge Investment Projects (KIPs). As part of the M&A Capability Building initiative, you will have the opportunity to become more involved in M&A diagnostics, participating in client interviews in order to perform diagnostics and analysis.
You will conduct research and create custom case studies for specific past Transactions. You'll contribute to knowledge development efforts, and you'll assist with the writing of Reference Cases and Letters of Proposal (LOP), Request for Proposals (RFP) and sanitization of best in practice LOPs and RFPs for future use. You will work with the Service Line Manager to ensure that practice credentials and qualification packs are regularly updated. You'll track dissemination of materials to measure knowledge impact and you'll report trends in requests (topics, regions) to leadership.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top