Research Analyst - Strategy and Corporate Finance
- Bachelor's degree and Advanced degree, ideally in Finance
- 1-2 years of relevant experience
- Interest in the corporate finance and strategy knowledge domains with intermediate content knowledge
- Strong analytical skills, creative thinking and excellent problem solving capabilities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (particularly Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
- Strong work ethic, comfortable with handling multiple tasks and able to re-prioritize on the fly
- Good written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively at all levels of a large international organization
- Energetic, cooperative and pleasant personality; Able to work with and handle effectively a diverse group of team members
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver on tight deadlines
Who You'll Work With
You'll be based in our McKinsey Knowledge Center in Gurgaon, India and will be part of our Strategy & Corporate Finance Practice (S&CF) team.
You'll be part of our global knowledge network which includes more than 1,800 knowledge professionals who work alongside our consultants and clients to generate distinctive insights and proprietary knowledge.
The Strategy & Corporate Finance Practice (S&CF) provides strategic advice on finance and value creation, and help companies identify, develop, and implement winning strategies, offering support and capability building at every stage of the strategic journey. S&CF analyses have been featured in numerous books such as Value: The Four Cornerstones of Corporate Finance and The Granularity of Growth, and in articles published in Harvard Business Review, McKinsey Quarterly, and McKinsey on Finance.
What You'll Do
You will be responsible for research request management and analysis in the S&CF domain.
You will serve as a point of contact for research requests and will articulate, scope, and prioritize research needs. You will identify and gather relevant information using a broad spectrum of appropriate sources balancing quality, availability, timeliness, and cost factors. You will organize, analyze, and synthesize facts into McKinsey formatted end products. These end products can be in the form of single exhibits, written summaries, financial models, basic fact packs, and spreadsheets, coordinate request handling and dispatching with the appropriate colleagues globally.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top