Research Analyst - Semiconductors
- Bachelor's degree with a strong academic track record; Advanced degree (Masters, etc.) is preferred
- 2-4 years of post-undergraduate work experience; research experience in an academic or business setting is preferred
- Prior semiconductor industry experience or similar industry research experience is preferred but not required.
- Candidates should have a strong willingness to learn, and to develop industry expertise.
- Experience in managing multiple simultaneous demanding deadlines
- Inquisitive, investigative nature
- Solid understanding of financial, economic, and general business concepts and terminology
- Deep understanding of modeling and analysis techniques (financial, statistical, etc.)
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with a proven track record of project ownership
- Professional attitude, work standards, and service orientation
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and quantitative skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer and technical skills (Word, Excel and PowerPoint experience required, advanced computer skills such as analysis, modeling, programming, etc., are a plus)
Who You'll Work With
You'll work in Waltham, Massachusetts as part of our Knowledge Network, focused on Semiconductor topics.
You will be part of our global knowledge network, which includes more than 1,800 knowledge professionals who work alongside our consultants and clients to generate distinctive insights and proprietary knowledge. You will work with this group to help develop, codify, sanitize, and manage our global knowledge portal, which includes more than 50,000 documents that form the backbone of our firm's knowledge management.
The Global Semiconductor Team serves clients across a broad spectrum of technical industries and topics (e.g. foundries, semiconductor equipment, mergers & integration, operations benchmarking, growth strategy).
What You'll Do
You will collaborate with Mckinsey consultants to solve clients core business challenges related to the Semiconductor industry through efficient and effective problem solving and research.
You will deliver best-in-class solutions to business problems by acting as a thought-partner with client teams and by creating appropriate end products (memos, presentations, models, etc.). You will contribute to our globally diverse research team by balancing your daily workload, sharing knowledge, and fostering collaboration and innovation.
Additionally, you will lead or participate in the regular publication of internal knowledge documents for McKinsey's library. You will be able to help support the development of capabilities which drive impact with our client teams and our clients.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top