Research Analyst – Purchasing And Supply Management
- Undergraduate or master's degree
- At least 5 years of experience in sourcing, supplier development, purchasing, or a related field; experience from consulting firms preferred
- Experience in conducting business or academic research
- Comprehensive computer skills including database searching, PowerPoint, word processing, spreadsheet analysis and online research
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment with people at all levels in an organization
- Excellent communication skills in English and Mandarin (oral and written)
Who You'll Work With
You'll work with our Purchasing and Supply Management Center of Competence (PSM CoC) in Shanghai.
You'll be part of our global knowledge network, which includes more than 1,800 knowledge professionals who work alongside our consultants and clients to generate distinctive insights and proprietary knowledge. You will work with this group to help develop, codify, sanitize, and manage our global knowledge portal, which includes more than 50,000 documents that form the backbone of our firm's knowledge management.
What You'll Do
You'll spend most of your time supporting client engagement teams, owning your own workstreams.
You'll develop spend analyses based on best practices, set up client interviews and workshops for key stakeholders and working teams, analyze improvement opportunities, and conduct category deep analysis.
The remainder of your time will be allocated for knowledge building, which is mainly based on the client-facing work listed above and some internal knowledge development initiatives. You'll be expected to prepare written and visual materials based upon analysis and synthesis and coordinate with the India and North American CoC teams to ensure maximum impact for our clients. Ultimately, you'll serve as a thought partner to our consultants and clients, leveraging internal and external networks to engage in team problem solving, share evolving business trends and best practices, and contribute to knowledge creation initiatives.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top