Research Analyst - Industrial High Tech
- Bachelor's degree; Advanced degree is a plus
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience and an interest in research-based roles
- Clear passion for and experience in the Advanced Electronics industries
- Strong people skills and the ability to coach, motivate and inspire younger colleagues
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and quantitative skills
- Solid understanding of financial, economic, and general business concepts and terminology
- Highly organized and detail oriented, proactive and self-motivated; ability to multi-task and balance priorities and workload
- Team orientation and service-mindedness, with a strong sense of commitment to team members and clients
- Professional attitude, work standards, and service orientation
- Self-standing, independent and entrepreneurial mindset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer and technical skills (Word, Excel and PowerPoint experience required
- Advanced computer skills such as analysis, modeling, programming, etc. are a plus
Who You'll Work With
You'll be part of our Advanced Industries – Advanced Electronics knowledge team and will work in Waltham, Massachusetts within our North American Knowledge Center.
Our Advanced Industries (AI) sector brings together three well-established global industry practices with roots in technically complex design and manufacturing: Automotive & Assembly, Aerospace & Defense, and Advanced Electronics (AE). Within the AI sector, the Advanced Electronics practice serves clients in a range of industries, including industrial machinery and automation, power equipment, building technologies, and semiconductors. This group helps clients take advantage of new technologies, pursue growth opportunities, and improve their operations in technically-complex design and manufacturing environments.
What You'll Do
You will leverage you solid understanding of business trends, issues, and concepts to efficiently respond to complex research questions by delivering synthesized, actionable facts and insights to our consulting teams and clients.
You will work on exciting topics such as renewable energy technologies, power storage, robotics, Industry 4.0, Internet of things, and smart power grids, buildings, and cities. You will act as a thought-partner with client teams and you will deliver best-in-class solutions to business problems.
You will participate as a member of our globally diverse team of research professionals and knowledge consultants by sharing knowledge and fostering collaboration and innovation. You will have the opportunity to support the development of proprietary and capabilities which drive impact with our client teams and clients.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top