Research Analyst - Belux
- Masters degree in applied economics or applied sciences, business management, civil engineer or a related field with very good academic records
- Degree or experience in supply chain or logistics will be considered an asset
- Fluent in English and Dutch
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Solid understanding of business, economic and financial concepts and terminology
- Strong interest and proven ability in collection, analysis, synthesis and development of knowledge
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Skills to communicate complex ideas effectively
- Hands-on computer skills (e.g., Microsoft Office applications)
- Perspective on local markets in Benelux, particularly demographic/business/economic trends
Who You'll Work With
You will work in our Louvain-la-Neuve office as part of the Belux Research & Information team.
You'll be part of our global knowledge network, which includes more than 1,800 knowledge professionals who work alongside our consultants and clients to generate distinctive insights and proprietary knowledge. You will work with this group to help develop, codify, sanitize, and manage our global knowledge portal, which includes more than 50,000 documents that form the backbone of our firm's knowledge management.
What You'll Do
You will leverage a solid understanding of business trends, issues, and concepts to efficiently respond to complex research questions by delivering synthesized, actionable facts and insights to our consulting teams and clients.
Together with your research colleagues from around the world, you will conduct end to end research in response to specific questions on a wide variety of business and economic topics (e.g., industry overviews, case study materials, financial and macro-economic data analyses). This may include sourcing information from internal as well as secondary data sources, analyzing and synthesizing this information, and creating well organized, concise end products. You'll also develop knowledge expertise in specific sectors or functions and you'll be able to work more directly with our clients by playing a role on consulting teams as you become known for your expertise on selected topics.
The position is for a fixed term contract of 6-12 months, starting around September 2017, with a possibility for an extension, depending on the candidate. The role offers you a unique chance to work in an ambitious, stimulating and international professional environment.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top