- Doctoral or master's degree, preferably in metallurgical science, mining engineering, or materials science (CVs with GPA required)
- Outstanding record of academic achievement
- You are fascinated by developments on the global metals and mining industry markets and have gained some work experience (through internships, for example)
- Understanding of research techniques, relevant information sources, and basic economic and financial concepts and terminology
- Strong conceptual, analytical, numerical, and synthesis skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment with people at all levels in an organization
- Effective oral and written communication skills in English and Russian
Who You'll Work With
You'll work in Moscow as part of our Basic Materials practice and McKinsey's Knowledge Network.
We work with McKinsey consulting teams across the globe to help derive insights from market information and create foundations for sound recommendations for client and internal projects.
What You'll Do
As an industry expert, you will support our consultants and clients on all aspects of the Russian and global metals and mining market.
You will perform a wide range of research tasks in your sector, including collecting market statistics, supporting the development of McKinsey's proprietary market models, and developing perspectives on a variety of topics relevant to our clients. You will research and analyze technical and economic issues, such as market dynamics, competitive intensity, and company trends. You will respond to short-term requests and be involved in projects for longer periods — occasionally at the client site. During your work, you will gain deep insights into the global metals and mining markets.
You'll deal with new intellectual challenges daily and build your industry and functional knowledge on an ongoing basis. A clearly defined career path will help you to continuously develop your skills. There is flexibility to hire at either the Junior Research Analyst or Research Analyst level depending on the experience and qualifications of the candidate.
We welcome your on-line application with attached resume, university transcript and cover letter in English. For questions or further information, please contact Elena Shvartsman at [email protected]
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top