- Degree or MBA from a reputable institution in related fields such as business, economics and engineering, with excellent academic standing
- Up to 5 years of experience in research, consulting or corporate strategy roles. Fresh graduates with the right aptitude are also welcomed
- Sectorial exposure in energy (high priority), banking/insurance, consumer/retail, public/social sector, transport or telecommunications will be highly valuable
- Good knowledge of the Indonesia market with solid understanding of economic, sectorial and business concepts and terminology
- Excellent problem solving ability, is analytical and comfortable quantitatively
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing, in English and Bahasa Indonesia
- Good time-management skills and a flexible attitude, with ability to meet tight deadlines and handle simultaneous work streams
- Collaborative team player, with ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
Who You'll Work With
You will be part of our Southeast Asia Research & Analytics team in Jakarta and work with research and consulting colleagues, as well as, clients alike.
The Southeast Asia Research & Analytics team specializes in the region's local knowledge/content expertise. The team undertakes country and industry research to support high impact client engagements and the Firm's knowledge development effort. The team is part of our knowledge network which encompass over 2,000 research and analytics colleagues globally.
What You'll Do
You will leverage on your solid understanding of macro and micro trends and issues, to deliver synthesized, actionable facts and insights, which goes towards solving client's business issues or as part of new knowledge codification effort.
You will leverage on both primary and secondary research tools and perform a variety of research and analysis such as market sizing, trend identification, opportunity scan, growth projection, industry and corporate profiling. The synthesized insights will subsequently help in your problem solving discussions in client engagements.
Aside from client engagements, you will have opportunities to develop and codify knowledge on new and emerging topics of relevance to the Indonesia market and the Firm more broadly.
As you develop and grow in the Firm, you will be exposed to diverse and challenging opportunities. You will build deep knowledge spikes or expertise on specific sectors in the Indonesia market and develop into a true knowledge thought partner for consultants and clients. Opportunities are also abound for you to enhance your people leadership and management skills through mentoring opportunities, as well as, involvement in functional priorities such as evaluation, recruitment and training for the Southeast Asia Research & Analytics team.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top