- Undergraduate degree preferred
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience (1-2 years of McKinsey experience a plus), HR or Recruitment background preferred
- Outstanding organizational skills, ability to coordinate multiple streams of work independently; meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills
- Ability to build strong relationships with recruiting colleagues, consultants and candidates; a positive and open attitude with a sense of fun (a must!)
- Proactive problem solver capable of identifying issues and generating solutions; desire and energy to continuously improve recruiting processes
- Demonstrated initiative, judgment and maturity; track record as self-starter; discreet, respectful and caring with confidential information
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Recruiting IT tools and programs
- Flexibility to deal with ambiguity and last minute changes; ability to remain calm under pressure; comfortable working with minimal direction and flexibility to work overtime as required
- Ability to prioritize and look beyond own responsibilities in order to help team members with more urgent deadlines as needed
Who You'll Work With
You will be based in the Tampa Service Center (TSC) in St. Petersburg, FL as part of our North America (NA) Operations Practice recruiting team. You will closely collaborate with team members as well as effectively partner with our hiring managers and other internal stakeholders to attract, assess and hire the best possible talent.
The TSC opened in May 2010 to provide Executive Assistant support to North America as well as Human Resources support and has expanded to become a hub for North American Finance. It's home to over 500+ colleagues within practice administration, recruiting, analytics, design, learning, benefits and other roles.
Our Operations practice assists our clients in solving complex operational challenges. Blending strategic thinking with hands-on practicality, our teams of consultants and experts work to develop and implement operational strategies that solve our clients' most critical problems.
What You'll Do
You will perform diverse administrative duties to support our firm's Experienced Professional recruiting efforts for our Operations practice.
These responsibilities may include data entry and reporting in our candidate tracking system, preparing material for interview days, securing assessors and finalizing all logistics for both McKinsey staff and for candidates, event planning, and general project assistance for the North American Operations recruiting team.
You will contribute as a collaborative participant of the team and will strive to establish effective working relationships with all recruiters. You'll provide assistance in preparing for interview days by securing assessors, reserving conference rooms, arranging for catering and AV equipment, etc. and you'll coordinate and plan both team and candidate events by managing venue bookings, arranging catering, making reservations, etc.
Additionally, you'll work closely with the recruiting team to manage day-to-day operations and support recruiting efforts during the attraction, selection and post-offer phases for our candidates. You'll have the opportunity to cultivate and maintain strong relationships with a variety of constituents including recruiters, consultants, candidates and external vendors.
Furthermore, you'll be expected to manage a high volume of candidate data and maintain accurate and up-to-date information in our candidate tracking system. You'll also continue to develop this system to ensure accuracy and efficiency and you'll pull reports from relevant databases to track consultant recruiting contributions.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top