- Undergraduate degree
- 2+ years of recruiting experience, with knowledge of campus recruiting is an asset
- Strong strategic thinker and ability to see "the big picture" while driving impact on specific initiatives
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and team skills
- Ability to build great relationships
- Positive open attitude and a sense of fun
- Creativity in thinking about how to tackle issues that arise and in setting overall strategy
- Proactive problem solver capable of identifying issues and generating solutions
- Confidence working with senior leadership on strategy implementation and operational issues
- Outstanding organizational skills; close attention to detail
- Ability to coordinate multiple streams of work independently
- Demonstrate initiative, judgment and maturity; track record as self-starter
- Flexibility to deal with last minute changes and ability to remain calm under pressure
- Comfortable working with minimal direction
- Eagerness to work collaboratively in team environment with the ability to work independently
- Flexibility to travel to events as needed
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
Who You'll Work With
You'll join us in either Calgary or Vancouver and will work closely with the Canadian manager of recruiting and other team members from Toronto and Montréal. Our recruiting teams focus on sourcing and hiring top talent from campus and the workforce for a variety of positions at our firm. You'll work directly with candidates and with a team of dedicated recruiting professionals, and you'll collaborate with colleagues around the world to find the best candidates for open positions.
What You'll Do
You will take an active role in all aspects of the recruiting process by developing, implementing and driving forward best practices in hiring high-caliber campus hires and experienced professionals for our Western Canada offices.
Your primary focus will be on the recruiting programs at Canadian sources. As the Western Canada lead, you will be responsible for Alberta & British Columbia Campuses as well as intake into the Calgary & Vancouver offices. As such, there is an additional focus on liaising with International and US recruiting programs on behalf of the Canadian office. This includes working with career services, referrals, school alumni groups, prestigious industry associates and/or other new sources of talent.
You will also work closely with the Canadian manager of recruiting, the partners in charge of recruiting and the director of professional development to focus on overall strategy and communications. This may include identifying key target groups of potential candidates and methods for attracting them and developing new sources for experienced professional hires.
You will help organize, set the agenda and prepare content for strategy sessions as well as support the development of new approaches and activities. You will draft recruiting marketing materials, particularly for new recruiting sources and execute recruiting strategies for Western Canada.
You will plan and manage the recruiting event calendar, including the coordination of event logistics, scheduling and communications. You will have the opportunity to build relationships with key career services/ student groups and identify new sources of talent, especially for more senior or experienced hires. You'll also work to develop a network and community of consultants committed to recruiting, and you'll cultivate and maintain relationships with internal clients, candidates, recruiting colleagues while being highly responsive to inquiries.
Additionally, you'll be the lead for all Business Analyst and Associate offerees in Western Canada. This includes developing early relationship-building strategies, pairing candidates with buddies/coaches throughout the process, making additional consultant connections as needed. You will also act as the main lead for the Calgary and Vancouver Summer internship program where you will be responsible for events and being part of review discussions.
Back to top