- Bachelor's degree required
- At least 5+ years of recruiting experience, preferably gained while working for an executive search firm or in a corporate recruiting function; title will be in line with relevant experience
- In depth knowledge and understanding of talent acquisition in Japan and Asia Pacific more broadly
- Experience recruiting a wide variety of profiles across sectors including TMT, Digital, Advanced Analytics is an asset
- Fluent in both Japanese and English languages
- Goal driven with the ability to proactively take initiative, problem solve, and work with minimal direction
- Comfort with change and ambiguity, as the scope of this role will likely shift over time as recruiting demand varies
- Exceptional organizational and administrative skills; high attention to detail; and the ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize and carry them out independently
- Strong client service orientation; previous experience in a professional services organization ideal
- Executive presence with the confidence and experience to work and collaborate with senior leaders as well as lead and inspire team members and colleagues
- Knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel necessary; previous experience with CRM/candidate database systems a must
- Comfort managing sensitive information, with an appreciation for and commitment to maintaining the strictest level of confidentiality
Who You'll Work With
You'll join our Experienced Professional recruiting team in Tokyo, Japan.
Our Experienced Professional recruiting team focuses on sourcing and hiring top talent from the workforce for a variety of positions at our firm. You'll work directly with candidates and with a team of dedicated recruiting professionals, and you'll collaborate with colleagues around the world to find the best candidates for open positions. You may also work with external search agencies.
What You'll Do
You will play a critical role in leading all aspects of Experienced Professional (EP) recruiting from managing client needs to talent mapping and direct sourcing, as well as overseeing applicants and referrals for various offices and practices in Japan and across the Asia Pacific region.
As our Experienced Professional recruiting team continues to grow and evolve, you will be responsible for understanding talent needs within a practice or office while supporting leadership by executing targeted EP recruiting strategies. You'll also be responsible for planning, coordinating and driving hiring activities such as managing sourcing strategies using direct sourcing, online postings, referrals and other creative search methods, identifying, attracting and developing candidate interest in McKinsey, screening and evaluating candidates using McKinsey specific assessment methodologies, and leading candidates and assessors through the interview process ensuring efficiency in scheduling, providing appropriate interview preparation, and sharing timely feedback.
Additionally, you'll manage candidate cultivation and integration into the firm, you'll develop and maintain relationships with leadership across the firm, candidates, and recruiting colleagues; being highly responsive to all inquiries. You'll be responsible for managing recruiting analysis and ensuring all recruiting and candidate knowledge is tracked, updated and maintained in firm CRM systems, and you'll closely collaborate closely with our internal Research team to provide guidance on research strategies, analyze talent landscapes, and keep abreast of cutting-edge talent research methodologies.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Back to top