Real Estate Portfolio Manager - EMEA
- University degree, ideally in law or finance-related; Advanced degree preferred
- 10+ years of experience, ideally in a professional services environment with direct and hands-on real estate transactional expertise
- Confident, excellent relationship-building skills, and experience of working collaboratively with senior leadership
- Superior ability to formulate and deliver strategic advice, including the ability to communicate complex concepts effectively
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, negotiation and project management skills
- Ability to self-motivate and act independently; ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
- Strong integrity, maturity and fairness in dealing with people and confidential information
Who You'll Work WithYou'll be based in Amsterdam or Prague as part of our global Real Estate Department, working with other team members, with a focus on Europe, Middle East and Africa locations. This group provides strategic and hands-on expertise and support to McKinsey in managing their global real estate portfolio.
What You'll Do
You will develop and implement real estate strategies as well as provide expertise, advice and leadership.
In this role you will work on all aspects of the real estate life cycle, from active portfolio management through transaction management, workplace strategy and design, vendor selection to implementation. You will be responsible for ensuring that each location's real estate solution aligns to the overall firm strategy, which you will help shape.
You will actively manage the firm's lease contracts to find opportunities to optimize real estate commitments and manage occupancy costs. In collaboration with local teams including senior leadership, you will design and execute a real estate strategy for each location. Additionally, you will contribute to the development and implementation of firm real estate strategic initiatives.
You will work closely with locations on renewals, relocations, new locations, renovations and subleasing. Your activities will include defining the requirements, leading the building selection process (if relevant), negotiating/executing contracts (leases, vendors and other), designing the workplace strategy (new space and workplace design) and coordinating the implementation of any construction/build out process (setting and managing the construction budget).
You will select, negotiate terms and engage external advisors including architects, project managers, brokers, construction specialists. You will track and analyze occupancy spend and projecting future occupancy costs as well as lease dates and firm real estate metrics to support Portfolio and Transaction Management.
Back to top